How You Can Stay Healthy In College
Health Wellness

How You Can Stay Healthy In College

Because no one likes to be stuck in their room sick during fall break.

642
How You Can Stay Healthy In College

College. A place where no one wants to be sick. But everyone gets sick anyway. Here are some tips to keep the germs away so you can stay healthy. Especially with finals and breaks right around the corner. If you follow these tips there is no way that you can't get sick. Physical, mental and emotional health is important.

YOUR HEALTH COMES FIRST.

1. WASH YOUR HANDS!

Wash your hands after you use the restroom, before and after dinner and whenever they feel dirty! This is so you do not spread any germs around campus. (CARRY HAND-SANITIZER WITH YOU ALL THE TIME.)

2. WASH YOUR BED SHEETS

Wash your bed sheets more than once a semester! Try washing your bed sheets either once a week or every other week. You come outside from all the dirtiness and germs attach to you, therefore you bring them back into your bed with you. If you live in a dorm wash your on a Sunday at 9 a.m. everyone is still asleep then! Take advantage of the washers!

3. EAT HEALTHY

Although a Mcdonald's cheeseburger meal sounds good at 4 a.m. sounds good, doesn't mean it is good! Go to the dining hall and see what options they have down there. Or start meal prepping with your roommates and plan to cook yourself dinner a few times a week. Trader Joe's is a great place for healthy food choices!

4. GET ENOUGH SLEEP

SLEEP. I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. It is so important to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep a night. Your brain can not function properly off of coffee and 2 hours of sleep. Start studying earlier if need be, create a schedule, do whatever is needed so that you can get enough sleep at night. You will thank me for this later.

5. MENTAL HEALTH

Your mental health is important. In order to stay physically healthy keep your mental health in check. Try these simple things...

- Journaling your feelings

- Therapy

-Talk to a friend or trusted adult

- Mediate

- TAKE BREAKS.

Focus on your mental health every week.

Following all these tips is important because you can not be your best you if you're not healthy.