8 Ways To Survive Finals

8 Ways To Survive Finals

It's easy to get stressed out over the final days of the semester

12

It's officially the holiday season. While everyone else is busy decorating Christmas tress and buying gifts for their loved ones, college students are trapped in the library stressing over finals. With papers, tests, and group projects it's easy to get stressed out over the final days of the semester. Here are 8 ways to help you survive the final season!

1. Plan your schedule.

This is when that $40 planner you bought back in August will come in handy! write down the dates of your finals in a planner so you can plan when to study.

2. Get plenty of rest. 

Despite popular belief, all nighters are not effective. To do well on your finals and avoid getting sick, you need a good night's sleep.

3. Eat healthy.

It is definitely easy to stress eat during finals, but avoid ordering Domino's at 2 AM. High levels of sugar can actually increase your levels of stress. Skip the junk food and grab a salad!

4. Study with friends. 

Studying with friends can decrease your stress during finals. Surrounding yourself with people who are experiencing the same stress as you can be comforting.

5. Go to professor office hours. 

If your professor offers office hours during finals, take advantage of it. You can voice your concerns about your final grade or about the upcoming exam.

6. Exercise. 

Going to the gym is a great way to take a break from studying. Take a break from the books and grab a gym buddy to relive some of that built up stress.

7. Watch your favorite Netflix show. 

It is important to remember that you need to take some time for yourself during finals. After hours of studying, your brain is going to need a break. Sit back, relax, and turn on whatever show you obsess over!

8. Remember that finals are not the end of the world!

Although finals are super stressful, remind yourself that it's just a test. One grade does not define you and you will survive college finals!

Happy studying!