How to wash human hair wigs

How to Wash Human Hair Lace Wigs?

Wash human hair wig correctly is very important for wigs life.

83
How to Wash Human Hair Lace Wigs?

How to wash wigs guide.Credit by umi hair extensions

1. Comb the hair of your human hair wig gently before washing.Use a wide-tooth comb and gently pull it through the hair to smooth out tangles.
  2. Submerge your wig in warm water; make sure it is not too hot. Put some of the wig shampoo into the water your wig is submerged in. Do not bring to a lather through scrubbing as you would with your normal hair; wash the hair gently by swishing or soaking the wig in the shampoo water and gently run your fingers through the strands. It is very important that you do not use any scrubbing or rough motions on the hair or the lace, as this could cause damage.
  3. When you are finished shampooing your wig, rinse it gently but thoroughly until the water runs clear with no more shampoo suds.
  4. If you would like, you may also condition your wig, but it is very important that you stay away from the roots! This is because conditioner undoes knots, and the hairs in your wig are all knotted in place, so using conditioner around the roots could cause the hair to fall out of your wig.
  5. If you choose to condition your wigs, allow the conditioner to soak into the hair for a couple of minutes. It is also recommended to use leave-in conditioner every couple of weeks as this is less work and has a more lasting effect. Just remember, as with normal, rinse-out conditioner, to stay away from your wig's roots to avoid the hair unknotting and falling out.
  6. If you choose to use rinse-out conditioner, rinse your wig once again, this time in cold water. Gently squeeze the excess water from the wig, being careful not to use too much friction in order to avoid damaging your wig.
  7. Again using your wide-tooth comb, detangle the hair as you did prior to washing. In order to avoid tangling, begin at the top and work your way gently to the ends.
  8. Similarly to how you'd towel-dry your own hair after washing it, roll the wig up in a towel and gently squeeze it (again, without causing too much friction) to get any extra water out without damaging the wig.

Credit by wholesale hair

After washing,put your wig on wig stand and let it air dry. Make sure it is in an area that is out of direct sunlight, as this can cause damage. If you are in a hurry and need to use a hair dryer, it is very important that you use it on the cold air setting instead of using hot air, as this can also cause damage.