How To Tell Your Best Friend You're In Love With Them

When the Friend Zone just isn't cutting it anymore.

8293
Tumblr

It’s the classic case of cliche that we’ve all come to love in those sappy rom-coms…yes that’s right. I am talking about falling in love with your best friend.

It happens to the best of us at the absolute worst times. But nothing sucks more than trying to find the right words to say or if you should even say anything at all. It’s the dread that overcomes us who are stuck in this sticky situation. Almost like how you’re going to miraculously straggle the rent money for this month.

It might even be stickier than that.

If you’re reading this and you’re thinking, “Well, sh*t. Yep, this is me on every level,” than this article might just come in handy. In fact, I know it will. I’m feeling you’re pain, girlfriend…or guy.

Dealing with this mess we’ve got here is not so scripted. The ending isn’t spelled out for us already. We can’t assume a happy ending we can only pray for the love of God that everything will turn out okay.

However, just in case, I’ve come up with a few scenarios for all you die-hard Romeo and Juliet’s to win over your best friend’s heart.

1. The Text Message

This is probably the most dreadful scenario of them all. It’ll make your heart race, palms sweat, and stomach feel sick, but it may just do the trick. Typing out the most thoughtful message, confessing your feelings, could be the little push that the two of you needed. Because we’re talking about best friends here it’s safe to assume that you two can practically read one another’s minds. Why should this time be any different? For all you risk takers, here’s the perfect moment for you to risk it all.

2. The Perfect Date

Ladies this might be a bit weird for you, but for the guys it should be home run. This reminds me of the MTV show “Friend Zoned”. It’ll for sure take your best friend by surprise. Regardless of whether you’re the boy or girl I suggest keeping it casual but adding a little flare. Maybe instead of going to the local pub or TGI Friday’s go to a nicer place like a hibachi (they always have those cool fountains and glowing rainbow lights) or Italian. Nothing says romance more than a plate of spaghetti and meatballs as portrayed by the “Lady and the Tramp”. If you really want to try and give them the hint do the classic dinner and a movie or something silly but fun such as mini golfing, bowling, laser tag. Close quarters in the dark? It’s practically begging for you two to kiss.

3. Trap Them

Okay, I know what you’re probably thinking. “Victoria, you’re a horrible person this is practically kidnapping.” I like to think otherwise for this situation. Especially if you’re best friend isn’t the type to just spill out their heart and soul or reveal their true feelings easily. If this describes them make sure you’re the one in control. If you’re going somewhere make sure you’re the driver. If it’s a matter of hanging out have it be at your place. If you two just so happened to have decided to go to the beach for the weekend or the mountains, again, make sure everything’s in your name and that you drove. Nothing will break your heart more then if they make the ultimate getaway. This also applies to if you go on vacation together with whoever’s family. Depending if its yours or theirs, it could be rewarding or extremely awkward…on every level.

4. The Subtle Hint

This can be used on anyone you have a crush on. Your best friend might just pick up on it quicker. You can do this through a combination of texting and hanging out. Be a bit more flirty through your texts. Accidentally brush his hand if you’re sitting next to him. Instead of watching that action movie they love so much put on a chick flick that describes your situation. If you want to go that extra step and try and make it very obvious, say you like someone and you need their advice. This will help you get inside their heads a bit and see what they really think.

5. Snapchat

It is at this time that we thank Snapchat for 10 second at max timers. And with this app also comes those infamous pictures. And no I’m not talking about sexting…unless you’re a) drunk off your ass b) “accidentally” sent it to the wrong person or c) you’re just that ambitious and motivated. I’m talking about those gym picks we all know and love. Nothing shouts confidence more than showing off your toned muscles. Guys, girls love a good shirtless pick. Ladies, guys love a toned butt (trust me I’ve asked). You can play it off that you want to know if you’re body has toned or if they notice a difference. After all this is your best friend we’re talking about here. No shame, no secrets, right? This can either get them thinking and building a physical attraction or a reason for you to be in their minds all day. It couldn’t hurt.

If you never try you’ll never know. It’s as simple as that. If you’re dying to know the answer and can’t hold it in any longer, put on your big girl pants, take a shot, and let your heart do the talking. It might just be the best decision you ever make.