How to Survive a Rough Week

How to Survive a Rough Week

Wait...what even was Monday?
17

Sometimes there are weeks that throw so much at you that by Thursday you can't even remember what happened on Monday. This has been one of those weeks for me. I haven't had any tests or anything like that; there have just been so many small things that have made this week feel like it was never going to end. It has taken quite a bit of effort to stay sane, and I thought I would share a few of the ways that I kept myself going this week.

Whenever I got done with the day I was tempted to fall into bed and hide under a pile of blankets, but, as we all know, there is always work to be done. The thing that kept my mind awake enough to finish my homework and studying was music, of course. I'd recommend a playlist that is just the right mix of upbeat but chill to keep your mind going and mood brightened at the end of especially long days.

Speaking of long days, it is a tremendous help to STAY ORGANIZED. If you have an optimal time to focus on your work, use it. Do not waste those precious couple hours. Keep track of your assignments in a planner, and make sure you have checked every syllabus for your classes. Nothing makes your day worse than walking into a class and having your professor ask you to take out the homework from last night while you sit there the whole time praying that you don't get asked to answer a question. However, one assignment is not the end of the world.

The semester has just begun, but professors have decided that quizzes are something that need to be happening already. If you happen to not have done well on one of them, don't stress yourself out! This is just the beginning! You might feel embarrassed or like you're making a bad impression on your professor, but, trust me, they will pay more attention to all of your efforts to do well. Not just one grade on one assignment.

Last, but not least, find some small way to have fun and get outside of yourself for a while. Take a walk one afternoon, call a friend or relative to catch up or go see a movie one night. Forgetting about deadlines and expectations for a couple hours can put you in a good mood. It can make you feel rejuvenated and ready for what the world throws at you next.

I hope these small bits of advice help you as much as they have helped me. Just remember that there is a weekend coming, and you will have two whole days when you can take some time to yourself and be as introverted as you want while hiding under a mountain of blankets.