5 Flawless Ways To Survive Midterms Without Having A Mental Breakdown

We're all going through it.

22

I'm experiencing my first midterm week, and I feel like I'm gonna die. I'm pretty sure I've failed two of them, and I still have two more to go. If this sounds like your life at the moment, I have some tips on what to do to not completely lose your marbles.

1. Remember to eat

Something that I am guilty of is cramming in the library for so long that I forget to eat. All this does is make you end up crashing in the end. Getting a good grade isn't worth starving yourself. Besides, if you're cramming that much, you're probably already screwed, so take you time and grab a bite to eat. It's all gonna be alright.

2. Make time everyday to exercise

Midterm week is stressful as heck. Exercising is an awesome way to relieve that stress in a positive way. If you don't find a good way to relax, you're gonna explode.

3. Make sure to take study breaks

Constant studying for hours on end with no breaks will not let you retain the information as well. Even if you stop for 20 minutes every hour or so, you will definitely see a difference. Just put the book down for a little bit.

4. Depending on if it works for you, try studying with a friend or group

Some people have to be in complete quiet when they study, but if you are able to focus with a group of friends, you should definitely give it a shot. It makes the process a lot more fun and less monotonous.

5. Lastly, don't panic

Even if you do bad on one or two, life is gonna go on. Make sure that you just don't do it again on the final. Work hard and everything is going to work out in the end.

Midterms have been tough so far, but I've been doing this stuff and getting by just fine. You got this. We'll all be getting this bread soon enough. Don't forget to celebrate when it's all over.