How To Survive Final Week As A College Freshman Attending Zoom University

Two semesters into college, and I have discovered ways to improve my well-being during finals.

41
Photo by XPS on Unsplash

I am currently a freshman at Penn State, and despite all of my classes being held virtually, I have tried to make the most of this situation. Although Zoom University can be tiring, especially with the build up of finals, I have a few tricks in order to stay sane during this time.

Take a mental health break.

If you have been studying for an extensive period of time without a break, take a step outside! Your mind will not absorb any new information if you do not step away for just a minute to take a breath.

Sleep well!

Maintaining a somewhat normal sleep schedule is important in maintaining your mental health. Getting to bed and waking up at the same time each day can help you set a routine for work.

Eat enough food.

Your body needs nutrients during all this study time! Make sure you are eating each meal and taking time to enjoy them.

Set time limits for phone usage.

Phones can be very distracting while studying for finals. I myself can spend hours watching TikTok instead of studying! Putting away your phone for small periods of time can help you focus on your work.

See your friends.

Your friends are also experiencing the same chaos of finals week! Be sure to check in on them and talk out your feelings.