How To Strengthen Your Teeth For The Perfect Smile

Here's a review of how to strengthen your teeth for the perfect smile, and what foods and drinks to avoid if you want to keep them looking clean.

3
Smile
https://pixabay.com/images/id-1560353/

Everybody loves a bright, shiny smile, yet few of us are blessed with a perfect set of chompers. First impressions are incredibly important, and one of the most noticeable things about you at first glance is whether you have an excellent smile or whether your teeth are brown. That's why it's of the utmost importance to regularly maintain your oral hygiene, but for many people this is far easier said than done. For those without regular access to dental professionals, strengthening your teeth can be a particularly intimidating and difficult process.

Luckily, some helpful tips can ensure your smile remains strong and bright for the foreseeable future. Here's a review of how to strengthen your teeth for the perfect smile, and what foods and drinks to avoid if you want to keep them looking clean.

First impressions are everything

Did you know that one of the first things that a person notices when they meet you for the first time is your smile? A study from 2012 illustrates that first impressions are incredibly important, as people immediately pay attention to things like your clothes, shoes, and the car you pulled up in when you first meet them. Furthermore, they're paying particular attention to your smile, as the study conducted for Invisalign shows that people with straighter teeth are considered to be healthier, more successful, and more attractive at first glance.

Now that you understand the importance of keeping your pearly whites bright and clean, you can focus on maintaining strong dental hygiene that will bolster your personal image. The first step is to avoid unhealthy foods and drinks which will lead to obesity and tooth decay, which overtime will seriously diminish your oral hygiene and could even cost you a few of your favorite chompers if allowed to run amok in your mouth.

You'll be unsurprised to learn that the worst foods for your dental hygiene include candy, but you should specifically avoid sour candies that leave you puckering your lips. Additionally, try to cut back on the amount of bread you eat - much of the bread favored by modern Americans is actually loaded with sugar to make it more appealing. Try to avoid chewing ice whenever possible, even on a hot summer day, as this can damage the enamel of your teeth.

The next step is to avoid sugary drinks which are truly disastrous for the longevity of your teeth. Everybody knows that too much soda is bad for you, whether it's causing obesity or turning your teeth an ugly shade of brown. Few people understand just how bad alcohol is for your teeth, though. Of all the drinks to avoid, you should be careful overdrinking alcohol if you want to preserve a perfect smile. This is particularly important because many people who get drunk forget to brush their teeth before sleeping after a long bender, which exacerbates the problem of tooth decay.

Know when to consult a dental specialist

Finally, you should know when to consult a dental specialist if you want to maintain a perfect smile. Braces, dental implants, and other treatment options are often derided as being for children, but adults desperately need to take their teeth seriously. Never let anyone shame you for taking care of your oral hygiene needs, as losing your teeth is truly disastrous and will seriously impair your quality of life forever. Losing your teeth will impact your romantic life and will even make it more difficult to find a job when you have to give in-person interviews.

There are many reasons to go to the dentist, including dry mouth, bleeding gums, or tooth pain, even if it's only minor. Keep a lookout for these warning signs, and you'll be keeping your teeth perfect and cleaner than ever before.