How To Restyle Your Bookshelf

How To Restyle Your Bookshelf

Restyling your bookshelf doesn't change that original idea of who you are, but it takes something drab and ordinary and transforms it. It's like doing a makeover, but instead of your hair and nails, you focus on your books. But how does someone restyle their bookshelf to make for a refreshing look and feel?

9
Restyle Your Bookshelf
https://pixabay.com/images/id-3480216/

Books are ways to escape the world, but they're also a method to demonstrate your knowledge. The Guardian states that seeing a person's bookshelf gives one a glimpse into their mind and what they find interesting. Restyling your bookshelf doesn't change that original idea of who you are, but it takes something drab and ordinary and transforms it. It's like doing a makeover, but instead of your hair and nails, you focus on your books. But how does someone restyle their bookshelf to make for a refreshing look and feel?

Do Some Rearranging

If you're a bookworm, chances are you have more than enough books on the shelf and three or four piles scattered around to get to sometime in the indefinite future. You don't need to leave the books in those piles orphaned. Instead, consider adding them to your shelf and changing how the books you already have there are arranged. Penguin Books mentions that there are several ways to organize your bookshelf, from alphabetized to a shelf that looks like it was slapped together in a moment of haste. Rearranging your shelf might give you some time to finally put them in an order that suits your mind and looks good.

Paintings Are a Nice Touch

If you have paintings within your home, then you're halfway there. All you need to do is swap them around to add to the decor of your bookshelf. If you're an artsy type, you can even paint one yourself and hang it up or place it in a beautiful frame in front of the books. It's important to note that this touch is purely aesthetic since having a picture in front of your books can make it terribly awkward to get one of them off the shelves for reading.

Be Festive

There's always a holiday somewhere in the world. You can show off your knowledge of international holidays through your decor. People are even celebrating Christmas in July, so you don't even need to wait until December to get a Christmas Tree from Tradition Company to add to the existing decor. Refreshing your bookshelf gives you a chance to explore and experiment with different decorative styles. It would be a shame to keep them limited to the time of the year you're currently in.

Get Some Plants

Greenery helps to spruce up a bookshelf like nothing else. Ideally, it would be plastic plants, but they don't have to be. If you intend to have real plants sitting on your bookshelves, you should be careful while watering them. All it takes is one single spill to cause your collection of books to become waterlogged. The DIY Playbook suggests removing the plants from the shelf before watering them to ensure that you don't spill on the shelf itself.

Restyling isn't Complicated

You're not going to change the entire interior decor or choose out new decorations when you restyle. Instead, you'll use the things you already have and change how they interact with each other. The most natural thing in the world is to get a feel for the current decor and then work around what already exists. Even if you acquire new books or other decorations, you'd have them seamlessly fit into the existing space. After all, your bookshelf is a reflection of your head, and no one likes having thoughts scattered all over the place.