How To Protect Your Skin This Summer

How To Protect Your Skin This Summer

Whether you're a young person looking to exercise outside in the era of social distancing or a new parent who wants to ensure the safety of their child as they roam outdoors for the first time, ensure you read up on these tips to protect your skin this summer.

9
Protect Your Skin This Summer
https://pixabay.com/images/id-3106608/

The harsh rays of the summer sun are shining down on all of us right now, and while this could lead to an excellent tan for some, it could alternatively lead to disastrous sunburn or other skin conditions for others. Knowing how to protect your skin in the summertime is of the utmost importance if you want to enjoy spending your time outside without also forcing your skin to pay a terrible price. Whether you're a young person looking to exercise outside in the era of social distancing or a new parent who wants to ensure the safety of their child as they roam outdoors for the first time, ensure you read up on these tips to protect your skin this summer.

Consider getting sun-protective clothing

Many people have serious skin conditions or other disorders that frequently force them to remain indoors or minimize what time they do spend outside. In order to meet the needs of these people, numerous foundations have provided resources on sun-protective clothing that can also be put to use in your situation. Always talk to your medical expert if you feel you have a special condition which may warrant unique treatment, but also consider the following resource pages which can work for anyone who wants to protect their skin from the summertime sunshine.

The Skin Cancer Foundation has provided some helpful resources which will explain the UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) of many clothing options. Knowing to wear a hat outside is common sense, but few people who don't have serious skin conditions are aware that specialty clothing has been designed specifically to ensure the wellbeing of your skin when you go outside. Besides this type of clothing, there are other tips and products you can rely upon to ensure you avoid sunburn and other disastrous side effects of overexposing yourself to the sun.

Listen to the CDC

The CDC has provided sun safety tips for families, so if you're a parent who's taking their children to the beach or a similar outdoor setting for the first time, be sure to familiarize yourself with these facts. Packing an umbrella or a similar device which can produce shade is important, as even the most resilient people need to give their skin a break from overexposure. Regularly applying sunscreen is a must, but ensure you're also applying it after, say, dipping into the ocean, a lake, or a similar body of water that may have washed it off. After vigorous swimming and other exercises, few people have the energy to reapply their sun lotion, but it's incredibly important for your skin. Kids in particular are likely to forget, so be sure to help them remember.

Going to a tanning salon is still incredibly popular these days, and other outdoor activities are sometimes simply too fun to ignore. You must exercise caution when overexposing yourself to the sun, though, if you want to keep having fun for long. Skincare products that protect against UV exposure and sunscreen are an absolute must. You are also advised to regularly hydrate yourself and avoid hot showers so as to not dry out your skin. Keep these tips in mind, and you'll emerge at the end of this summer with a glorious tan and few skin issues.