How to promote an invention

How to promote an invention

Create a marketing plan for your new invention that is exhaustive, profitable and let customers know who you are and what your invention offers

544
How to promote an invention

The inventor has to know the market, have the ability to demonstrate his invention and explain the value of the product. It is not difficult to promote an invention, but it is a process that takes time. Here we present some grateful tips to promote your invention.

Plan to promote an invention.

Define your customers it is important to know what your audience is. If you have invented new things for children like toys, your best customers will be children. But, equally you have to call the attention of the parents, who have the ability to use their money in the purchase of your product.

It establishes a fair price according to the market

Consider all the costs of producing the invention. This may include work and raw material. Keep in mind that the cost of producing your invention will fluctuate according to the increase or decrease in materials and work.

Evaluate your competition. Have an idea or an approximate figure of the costs that the market can handle. Evaluate your findings. You not only need to determine how much profit you can make for each sale, but also consider the price that consumers are willing to pay for a product like yours.

Put your invention in circulation

Attend as many conventions or fairs as you can. Make demonstrations with your invention, or place it in the hands of investors and distributors in national meetings of inventors.

Contact local newspapers

Ask the editors of the newspapers to publish a press release reviewing your new invention. Keep the editor up to date with the successes.

Develop your own website to promote your invention

Use the website as an online brochure. Emphasize which problem solves or what need your invention satisfies. Includes information that details the benefits of your invention. You could include a video with a demonstration that teaches consumers how to use your product. Put graphics and images of good quality on your website. Make sure they are professional and attractive. People will judge your invention for the quality of the website.

Promote your invention through social networks like Facebook and Twitter

Announce press releases, offer discounts for new customers and invent new marketing strategies that can become viral.

Connect with investors on the Internet

Publish your invention, a brief description and all the contact information you want along with your idea on websites of inventions.

Contact local radio stations

Get on the air as a special guest, or ask questions about advertising plans at your stations.

Consider working with a marketing company to help you with the licensing and advertising of your invention.

Do a thorough research before choosing a marketing company. If you are presenting a completely new idea, before starting to publicize your product you may need to do more market research than someone with an invention for a booming field.

Be patient

Be patient, stay focused and do not get frustrated. It may take a year or more before you see your invention in stores.