How to Make Your Wedding Catchy and Special

Love is a rare thing to find in this world so if you manage to find someone who doesn't only love you, but also respects you and gives you the freedom to grow, go lock that person down. Not in a prison, but in a wedding ceremony.

70

Weddings are unique to the couple getting married. But it's hard to be different when almost all couples take inspiration from Pinterest or Instagram. We've all seen the mason jars and the donut walls, what hasn't been done yet and what's there more to do? Here are eight ideas that you might want to consider before you tie the knot.

Hire a top-notch photographer

Weddings are special occasions. It's something that you'll always go back to time and time again with fond memories. That's why it's important to hire a top-notch photographer who will capture all your precious moments together for nostalgia and posterity.

And it's not just photos, most photography packages also come with an audio-visual production. You may want to tell the story of how you met your partner, documentary-style so that your guests can have an idea of your meet-cute. If you still haven't booked, this wedding videography in Hamilton has got you covered.

Turn it up with neon signs

Want something that will really draw the attention of your guests? You can never go wrong with neon signs. Sure, wooden signs have undeniable charm or calligraphy drawn on mirrors give a touch of elegance, but you see them in almost all weddings.

Not a lot of couples have neon signs but they give spunk to the wedding reception. Consider using your initials, your favorite romantic quote, or iconic signages you've seen from your travels as a couple. Depending on your theme, you can have it customized with whatever style you want.

Use a map as a design element

Tease your guests about the place you're staging your momentous affair. If you're aiming for a destination wedding, maps can be a good design element to put on your wedding invitation. Add a story as to why you've chosen it as your destination of choice.

If within the city, bus lines in Toronto can get a little tricky so help your guests out with a map to your venue. You wouldn't want to attend your own ceremony and reception without anyone in it because your guests can't find where everything is happening.

Address one invite to the Prime Minister

Chances are slim that Canada's first couple will make an appearance on your wedding day. After all, the Prime Minister is busy handling the affairs of state.

However, you can actually request a congratulatory greeting personally signed by Mr. Justin Trudeau himself. Not a lot of people know this, but an online request form is posted on the Prime Minister's website for you to do just that.

The only caveat though is that it's only reserved for 25th wedding anniversaries and up. Maybe for your renewal of vows instead.

Surprise your partner with a gift before the ceremonies

It's custom for invited guests to bring gifts to the wedding. It's usually something that the couple would need to start their life as husband and wife. But there's no rule saying that you couldn't surprise one another with gifts.

For the groom, these used omega watches Toronto remind him that time is precious and is best spent with family. The bride may want a piece of jewelry to really make her shine as she walks down the aisle. Accompany the gift with a handwritten letter to really seal the deal.

Use your favourite flowers for the bouquet

Some like it relaxed and minimal while others like it wild and loose, the bride's bouquet is an essential piece of the wedding that shouldn't be left out. Bouquets are often assembled based on the theme or motif of the wedding but to truly make it personal, incorporate flowers that are special to the bride and groom.

Dig deep from when you were still dating. What were the flowers that you have received on milestone occasions from your partner? Maybe it was your favourite or it has a deeper meaning on why it was chosen.

Let your guests RSVP with song requests

Weddings aren't just about two people professing their love for each other. It's also about the celebration of family and friends coming together, so why not involve them in the festivities.

Instead of your typical RSVPs with the guests confirming whether they can attend or not, ask them also to send in their song requests. Compile them into a list and hand them over to your chosen DJ or band. Your guests would be pleasantly surprised to hear their favourite songs played on your wedding day.

Think of a cool event hashtag

Did it really happen if no one's talking about it online? An easy way to scan through all the posts — from congratulatory messages to candid selfies — about your wedding is to come up with a hashtag. This is fast becoming a trend among couples.

The hashtag is usually a fun amalgam of the names of the bride and groom. You can even incorporate this as a design element in your invitation and the reception venue. Be surprised with what your guests are doing and posting on your special day.

Conclusion

The best way to make a wedding special and catchy is to make it your own. Trends come and go over time, but personal style and preference largely stays the same. Incorporate elements that are dear to you and your partner because a wedding is not just an event but a celebration of two people coming together.

It's also not important that your wedding has to be one of a kind to be special. If it's something that you'd like to try out because it's fun and novel to you, then by all means go do it. After all, life is too short to deprive yourself of things that make you happy.