How To Make Your Sales Pitch Sound Professional

Many sales professionals are confused about the usage of technical terms in their sales pitch.
48

When are you asked which department plays an active role in your business? Within a fraction of a second, you will utter the phrase sales team. It is true because, without the efforts of this department, a business cannot generate revenue whether it is related to business to business data industry or any other. How often do you analyze what your sales team says while interacting with the prospects? This is important for maintaining cash inflow for your business.

What Happens In Reality?

You might have noticed that if you develop a habit of doing something, you will do it at any cost. You will not take note of time, place or situation. You will just do it.

Sales people also undergo similar psychological reactions. These professionals develop the habit of using sales jargons when they are inside boardrooms. However, the old habit dies hard. The effects of using sales jargons get reflected when they communicate with customers. What happens is that message gets delivered, but the importance is lost, as that is not understood by the prospect properly.

Does Using Technical Terms Make You Win the Race?

Many sales professionals are confused regarding the usage of technical terms in their sales pitch. Most of the time they make guesses regarding the outcome. A specific conclusion cannot be drawn. However, you have to note that a person who loves using complex words without knowing the exact meaning, always leads to distraction.

Here also you need to be careful. You need to careful while using trigger words. There are some words that can hurt sentiments or emotions of buyers. If the customer cannot control emotions, then you will be at a loss.

Words To Be Avoided While Delivering Sales Pitch:

• Proud - Many sales professionals commit a mistake by using the word “proud” while delivering presentations or meeting with clients. "Proud" refers to one’s own achievement. People do not like the person who boasts of himself or herself. Instead, you can use the term “pleasure” or other suitable words.
  • Cheap- Many sales professionals use the word “cheap” in their sales pitch. This is a blunder, which they commit. When a person speaks this term, it means that he or she is not concern about the prestige of the company. It can also mean that your product or service is inferior in quality. Instead, use words like viable or economical.
  • Hope- When you use the word “hope”, it means that you are not confident of yourself.
  • Forbidden- Do not use this term while communicating with your clients.
  • Prospect
  • The term “prospect” sounds technical. This word should be used during meetings only. No person likes to be recognized as a prospect.
  • Competitor- Avoiding using the word “competitor” while conversing with clients. You can use the name of your competitor while delivering a sales pitch.
  • Otherwise- Avoid using this word as it demotivates your clients.
  • Other words that should be avoided are a challenge, maybe, turnkey, obviously and much more. Next time take care while delivering the sales pitch.