How to Make the Most of Your Living Room Walls

There are a lot of things you can do to enhance and enrich the walls in your living room. After all, they're a part of your house everyone sees, so you should do what you can to really show them off.

5

The living room walls in your home are begging to be used; however, you find the project a bit intimidating. You don’t want to keep staring at blank walls, but you aren’t sure where to begin. Here are some ideas to maximize your living room wall space.

Start With Some Paint

Painting your living room walls is an easy way to bring life into the room without an enormous commitment. Painting is inexpensive and when you want a new look, repaint.

Start by collecting paint cards. Some places may even offer paint samples to try. If you are still stuck on color choices, the color wheel is the place to go for inspiration. You may find a color combination you weren’t even considering.

Set Up Mirrors

Mirrors serve a multipurpose in a living room. First, they bounce natural light back into space. The living room will seem brighter and more inviting without using a lot of harsh lighting. Second, mirrors make smaller spaces appear large.

For a smaller room, just a few mirrors will do the trick. For a large wall, oversized mirrors will be perfect. To truly make a statement, consider covering an entire wall with mirrors. Mix and match for a dramatic effect.

Create a Gallery Wall

To create a focal point in your living room, transform a wall into a gallery. The best part is you don’t need to have a fine art collection at your disposal. Consider using family photos, the children’s artwork, a map collection, or anything else you want.

Maybe you have some prints you want to use. A custom picture framing service will be the place to start. They will help you find picture frames that complement your pictures and living room.

Use Wallpaper to Create a Feature Wall

Want to breathe some life into your living room? Or do you have a wall that would make for an ideal feature wall? Now is the time to use a bold and brilliant design to create a unique area.

You may want to take some time to live with some sample wallpaper pieces. The wallpaper may seem perfect at the moment. However, you may not feel that way two weeks later. Have fun and experiment with designs and patterns.

The walls in the living room are blank canvases just waiting for your creative touch. Make the most of the space while adding your personal touch. Soon, you will have a space where everyone wants to gather and spend time.