How To Make The Best French Press Coffee At Home

Who doesn't love coffee? The rich taste of the freshly prepared French press coffee is something you want for the kickass start of the day.

272

Who doesn't love coffee? The rich taste of the freshly prepared French press coffee is something you want for the kickass start of the day. French press or coffee press is a cylindrically shaped beaker usually made of glass but often with plastic or steel with a plunger.

The French Press is quite a different environment for coffee brewing. Brewing coffee with a French press is less fussy than any other method and can even result in more full-flavored coffee.

The mechanism of the French Press is the reason it provides the best brew. The mesh filter holds back the coffee grounds with no sediments left in the coffee.

But you regularly cannot go out to have the best coffee to start the day. So here’s how you can brew the best French Press coffee at home.

So this is the basic technique to make the best French Press coffee. With other methods, you need to do a lot of experiments but with French Press brewing becomes faster and easier.

Step 1:

You need to start with the very coarse grind, maybe at the coarsest setting on your grinder. The coarse particles should look somewhere between coarse salt and steel-cut oats. Note down the size of your coarse grind so that you can make the adjustments later.

How much:

While making French Press coffee make sure that a good coffee-to-water ratio should be between 60-70 grams of coffee per liter of water. Make yourself clear how much coffee you want to brew and weigh out the right amount of coffee.

Step 2:

Keep your clean filtered brew water ready. While making coffee with a French Press, it is good if you pour the water right off the boil, unless you have an insulated walled press, in that case, you should wait for 30 seconds off of boil. If you are making a dark-roasted coffee, it would be better if the water is about 10 to 15 degree F lower.

Step 3:

Start your clock and add water. Now the most important part is what you do after adding water. So if you want to relax and wait for the brew, you’ll get an under-extracted brew because the released CO2 will cause your grounds to rise up and float on the top of the water.

If you have a good wetting, it’s all perfect. But if you don’t have it, mix your coffee with water gently but thorough stir at about 30 to 45 seconds. You’ll get to know that you’re ready to put the lid and you can move one step ahead when most of the coffee is sunk and isn’t floating anymore.

Step 4:

It might sound weird to you if we suggest taking about 6-8 minutes to brew the coffee. Yes, it is always about 3-4 minutes. You can brew in 3-4 minutes if you want but to get good flavor results, give 6-8 minutes and try the coarse grind and see if it makes any difference. You can read cold brew coffee maker reviews from kitchenguyd for more information.

Step 5:

Once you are done with brewing, it’s time to plunge. French Press is a slow and gentle brew, but if you stir it violently it can ruin the whole niceness completely. Plunge gently and if you feel like that the plunger starts to get tight, take it back an inch or two and resume plunging.

Step 6:

If you have done the plunging nicely and tightly, you don’t need to do a lot of brewing and this is the best way to pour off your beverage right after plunging to truly stop the brewing process.