6 Tips For Drinking Tea And Maximizing Its Capabilities
popular

6 Tips For Drinking Tea And Maximizing It's Capabilities

A natural and healthy way to manage your energy, rest, and wellness.

5867
https://www.pexels.com/photo/peppermint-tea-on-teacup-1417945/

Drinking hot tea is a tradition that has been practiced for ages, and typically in spots all over the world. There are many benefits to both iced and hot tea, and with time it becomes an acquired taste. I have been drinking a variety of tea for years now, and have tried so many different varieties! I love the endless combos and possibilities that come along with this herbal drink.

Below are some of my favorite tea tips that I've learned or acquired. No matter how you drink it, I hope these tips will change your views on tea!

Caffeine is your best friend.

One of the main purposes of tea is its ability to suddenly wake you up, except without the coffee jitters. Drinking a heavily caffeinated tea, such as black or green, can boost your energy in the morning. Tea can be used for long-term energy boost because it doesn't provide the 'crash' that is associated with coffee drinking. Matcha green tea is known for its energy increase and ability to boost brain function!

It's okay to relax sometimes.

Just how some tea can give you energy, there is also some teas that can help calm you down after a long day. My go-to is chamomile tea, perfect for sleeping or an upset stomach. Lavender tea is another great way to unwind when you have been under a lot of stress.

Longer doesn't necessarily mean better.

Just because you leave the tea bag soaking for two hours doesn't guarantee that the tea will absorb a richer flavor. If anything, keeping the tea bag in the water makes the tea taste bitter. Ideally, anywhere between two and five minutes is the length that the teabag should sit in the water.

Tea bags VS loose tea leaves.

When I talk about hot tea, I am alluding to the tea bags sold at the grocery store. Some brands that I have had great experiences with are: Tazo, Celestio, Lipton, and Yogi! Another way to drink tea is the dry leaves and put them in a diffuser

Water temperature is key.

Having the perfect temperature of water is the foundation of good and hearty tea! I like to brew boiling water from a Keurig machine. This is the main way that I get hot water for my tea, but you can also microwave a mug or boil water on the stovetop.

Play around with the variety.

There are seriously endless possibilities for different types of tea! You can use two different tea bags to combine the flavors, such as ginger and turmeric. Or you can double the strength of a tea by adding more than one tea bag!