There are thousands of self-help books, articles and tips for people who are searching for ways to lead a better, more happier life. For me, I've been working on my own formula on the secret to happiness and while I'm nowhere near to the final solution, I would like to share with you my own commandments on living your best life!
Please enjoy Maddy's Not-So-Secret Guide to Living Your Best Life!
*I am not liable for any injuries or crimes that may or may not occur*
1. Eat dessert. Life is too short to pass up a slice of cake.
2. Take care of your body and stay in shape after you eat the slice of cake
3. Don't just call your family and friends on birthdays and holidays. Make it more frequent.
4. If you like someone, TELL THEM. You'll never know unless you shoot your shot.
5. If they reject you, cry a bit, buy yourself a new outfit, re-download Tinder and post a hot selfie
6. Always make a good impression because the world truly is too small and you never know who you're going to run into
7. Know your politics and what you stand for
8. Also know when you've crossed the line
9. Apologize if you did something wrong
10. Conquer (or at least attempt to conquer) your worst fear (if it's in reason...don't be going around trying to wrestle sharks or something equally as stupid)
11. Try new foods
12. Who cares if you're lactose intolerant? Eat that ice cream.
13. Life is too short to buy cheap makeup
14. Meet all of your deadlines
15. Chug water before bed if you go out drinking on a weekday
16. For Pete's sake, just wear a seatbelt
17. Don't try to yell at the idiots, they will lower you down to their level
18. Pet dogs when you can
19. Always give people a hug goodbye because you never know when you'll see them again
20. Keep your hideous middle school photos so you can look back and see how much you glowed up since then
21. Sing at Karaoke Night
22. Never pass up the opportunity to dance
23. Save money but also occasionally treat yo self
24. Turn your phone off during movies
26. If you're going to streak, do it at night in a low-populated area
27. It's only weird if you make it weird so try not to make it weird even if you're a weird person
28. Learn to cook for yourself without burning down the house
29. Be a good friend
30. Always hold yourself to high expectations
31. Try not to (purposely) make babies cry
32. Brush your teeth
33. It's OK to cry
34. It's not OK to resort to physical violence
35. Find a person that doesn't judge you and your crazy ways
36. Marry that person
37. Never cheat on anyone or anything
38. Pineapple belongs on pizza
39. Sing in the shower
40. Loudly cheer for your team
41. Talk to God
42. Laugh more
43. Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep
44. Don't forget where you came from
45. Treat everyday as if it's your last
That's all for now! I guarantee that if you live by these rules, you will live a much more fuller and happier life.