HOW TO KNOW IF A FUR OR FUR COAT IS FAKE?

Is this coat good skin? Is this hair natural?

20

If you buy clothing or fur products, you have asked yourself these questions more than once. It's normal since fur is a luxury item and nobody likes to be scammed. Therefore, today you will learn to detect in 6 simple steps if you are facing an article of good skin, or else, they are trying to deceive you:

1. TRUST THE TOUCH:

It is difficult to describe this feeling, but we are sure that you will understand us. When you touch a garment, both hair, and skin, the touch is extremely soft and warm. An artificial hair garment is cold and slightly rougher or stiffer, the hair is thicker and if you play to roll it between your fingers you will notice that it does not slip or undo as soft as a natural hair.

In the case of leather, if you scratch it lightly and in a few seconds it returns to its initial state, it means that it is real leather, instead, the artificial leather when you scrape it (soft, without breaking it or damaging it) does not return to its original form , is the brand . The imitations in leatherworking work every time better the tact, for that reason we are going to see other points that are unequivocal to detect the falsification.

2. BE GUIDED BY YOUR SMELL:

In the most literal sense, the smell is another key point to detect fake hair. The smell of fur is peculiar, especially in leather, you may not know how to recognize this characteristic smell, but you surely recognize the plastic smell of synthetic Aria Moda fur coats.

3. THE VIEW:

Specifically, in natural hair garments, a single hair is composed of other shorter and finer hairs, giving more body to what looks like a single hair; if you blow it you will see how the tiny hairs that accompany it separately. These hairs end in tips and each one has a different length.

4. CHECK THE BASE OR INTERNAL PART:

Normally, a skin product from a bag to a coat usually has a lining on the inside that protects the skin and makes the product more practical. It is just what is behind this lining that we want you to check, but for that, you would have to break that liner, which we actively discourage. There is another way to see it, although with some more difficulty: you can separate the hair from the outside of the garment and look at the base, you will see immediately if it is a piece of cloth or the dermis of the animal. Of course, if the base is a fabric, the product is synthetic. If at first glance you cannot know what it is, take a look at the next point.

5. THE NEEDLE TEST.

The previous point is very useful, but we may not know or find it difficult to see, for the amount of fur, whether it is the skin of the animal or textile material. So, here is another key step to make sure that the hair item is authentic: remove the hair and stick a needle in the base, if the needle passes easily it is an artificial garment, otherwise, if it costs us a lot or we cannot pass the needle means that it is genuine skin, because the leather of the animal is a resistant fabric and is not easy to transfer, even with something as thin as a needle.

6. DO NOT FIX THE PRICE.

Of course, the issues we deal with are scams and counterfeits; therefore, it makes no sense to look at the label or warranty certificates, because everything can be falsified. And the price is not going to be less. If you want it to look like a good and luxury item, the price has to be high; here lies the real business of these scams: very cheap (synthetic) products for a very high price.