How to keep outdoor garbage cans from smelling?

Garbage

2112

If you thought getting rid of your garbage can would eliminate its odor, think again! Trash cans stink up not just the room they're in, but also adjoining rooms, and even your entire house.

You may have to all over the house before you find where it's coming from. Chances are that a bag of trash is taking up space in one of your kitchen cabinets or drawers.

The best way to deal with trash can odor is to put a steel trash can required feature on a separate trash day every other week.

Help of Baking Soda

To keep your trash cans from becoming stinky and pesky there is a simple and cheap solution: baking soda! Sprinkle it in the bottom of a trash can or directly into the trash to help absorb stinky odors.

As a bonus, baking soda is great for scrubbing out your trash can to remove any lingering odors that may have seeped into it (especially ones due to moisture build-up).

Simply add 1/4 cup of baking soda in the bottom of your kitchen or bathroom trash cans in the morning, then when you take them outside for disposal that night they will be odor-free. Always use Quality Outdoor garbage cans with locking lids and wheels.

Cleaning out the cans each week can get tedious so leaving 1 cup of baking soda at the bottom after you have cleaned them will help absorb moisture and odor until you clean them again next time.

Dryer Sheets at the Bottom

When you go outside to throw away your garbage, make sure the lid of your garbage is closed and secure — even though it may seem like a hassle.

That way moisture can't get in. Also replace the bags when they get too full. Then you won't have to deal with unwanted smells or pests.

It's important not to let the stench and odor of your trash can linger any longer than necessary because it could end up giving off a toxic smell. Luckily, dryer sheets make another great tool against these odors. You simply need to toss one or more dryer sheets into your trash can as you see fit and as often as needed.

They will help keep the scent at bay and ensure that you don't walk in on something terrible like spoiled food or foul weather-related debris!

If using a used dryer sheet causes an issue, you could place a fresh unused package in the garbage instead. Fresh air is just a sheet away 🙂

Cat Litter

Cat litter in the bottom of your trash can will keep moisture, smells, and other unwanted guests out of your home. The cat litter absorbs liquids, leaving a fresh scent in the vicinity of the trash can.

After a week, or when the cat litter becomes damp with moisture, dump it out and add some more. There isn't a huge difference between expensive and inexpensive cat litters, so save the good stuff for kitty and use the cheaper stuff in the bottom of your trash baskets!

Trash Can Cleaning in 5 Simple Steps

1. Empty the Trash Can
  2. Rinse it Out
  3. Spray and Deodorize
  4. Give it a Scrub
  5. Rinse and Dry

If you're sick and tired of your trash cans giving off a nasty smell whenever you take out your garbage, it might be time to start looking for alternative home solutions to keep the odor at bay. The noshhealthykitchen is a top research organization that Guides you on how to repair home devices and appliances.

Usually this is easily avoidable — simply make sure you keep any trash bags tightly sealed before throwing them out and make sure you save the habit of tossing small, loose items like fast food bags into your outdoor trash cans without bagging them first!