Why An Inflatable Boat Is Your Ideal Emergency Vessel

Emergency Vessel

37
You are a person who is passionate about sea rescue and boating. You dream of heading out to the waters and saving the lives of seafarers. It is a thought that is continuously crossing your mind. Good thing you now have the resources to get yourself a vessel that can assist with such an endeavor. Plus, you have what it takes to do the rescuing part.

You have the skills to do so and you even have the certifications and documents that make you a perfect candidate. However, now that you are checking out listings from websites online, you are not quite sure what to get. But then not too long later, amidst the dozens and dozens of boat pics and listings, an inflatable boat strikes your fancy. You are not quite sure how it did so, but you now want to get one.

We can tell you tons and tons of reasons why any other boat is best for your boating rescues. However, we can all simplify that and show that an inflatable one is your best bet. You will find out why in the following.

Hang On, What Is An Inflatable Boat?

An inflatable boat is a vessel that utilizes pressurized gas and flexible tubes. These are the types of boats that work splendidly for rescue missions and short-term water travel. However, they are not only for these kinds of functions. Inflatable boats also work swell for recreational purposes, such as fishing, scuba diving, and even kayaking.

The Types Of Inflatable Boats

You might be thinking that there is only one variation of the inflatable boat out there. You are dead wrong with that! This type of vessel has several varieties. Here are some of them below:

Rigid Inflatable Boat

A rigid inflatable boat or RIB is a developed inflatable that utilizes a rigid hull and flooring. A RIB is one of the best vessels out there if you want to take on those daring rescue missions. How so? Rigid inflatable boats are extremely durable and they can withstand tremendous weather conditions and high seas.

Soft Inflatable Boat

A soft inflatable boat or SIB is a variation of the popular RIB. However, it lacks the structural durability of its counterpart. What it lacks for this feature it makes up for easy transportation and utility.

Roll Up Boat

A roll-up boat is the most portable type of inflatable vessel. You can unroll, inflate and use one in a couple of minutes after setting it down. This variation does not have a keel. It has a flat wooden floor with fabric pockets that enclose the slats. Another thing about roll-up boats is that there are ideal for tender utilities. This aspect is thanks to their flat platform, small size, and horsepower rating.

Hard Floor Boat

A hard floor boat is all about endurance and durability. This kind of boat has an aluminum or wooden floor. The reinforced flooring makes the vessel durable and stable.

Taking A Look At The Advantages

Here are some of the numerous advantages when it comes to inflatable boats.

Lightweight

It is elementary that almost every inflatable boat that exists is light in terms of weight. Their lightweight aspect also contributes to their fuel efficiency. The same goes for their carrying limit. However, you must never go beyond the corresponding weight limit of your craft. Doing so lets you take the waters more safely.

Speed

Inflatable boats are incredibly fast. That is why they are best for emergency situations where rescuers need to save people who have gone overboard.

Comfort

Not only are inflatable boats fast and efficient. They are comfortable as well. Comfort is a must if you wish to carry around passengers without them feeling uneasy or uncomfortable. Inflatable boats have stability, soft sitting areas, and a floor that is easy to walk and step on overall. Anyone who sails out in an inflatable will surely enjoy the trip.

Durability

You can also count on an inflatable boat to be durable. The best ones out there can last up to thirty years should you take care of them properly. The drawback is that your vessel might not even make it to two years if you are reckless and irresponsible with it.

The Costs

Now you have an idea of the perfect craft for your rescue and operations on the high seas. The next part of the matter is to find out if they are expensive or not. The good thing about this aspect is that you do not have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on your vessel. You can get one for a meager budget of $100. Expect that boat to last for quite some time, regardless of the cheap price.

But you can also find ones that are way above the standard price range. Some inflatable boats have a steep price of $1000 to $5000. These vessels have additional components. In addition, they utilize top-grade materials that affect how they cost.

You also have the option to rent one out if you have no money yet for purchase. However, you must take note of some things before you take the rented inflatable boat out into open waters. Make sure that the seller informs you of everything the craft has to offer. They should also mention any damages and flaws the boat might have. It is imperative that you ask everything you can before you pay. It is better to be safe than sorry once you are stranded out at sea later.

It also pays off to jot down all the notes you can when checking out a seller. You can never be too sure about who is selling or renting out things in the market.

The Takeaway

We are not telling you to disregard other vessels for your operations. There are tons of choices out there that still do the job. But inflatable boats have advantages that other seafaring vessels do not. So feel free to check them out once you hit the platforms.