7 Reasons I Cannot Wait For Friendsgiving

Someone's bringing the pumpkin pie, right?
34

When I finally got to the age at which I could be a part of a "Friendsgiving", I was ecstatic. There's something so sweet about enjoying time surrounded by people you choose to be around. Friendsgivings are so joyful because a group of friends takes the time to appreciate the people they are closest with. Plus, who doesn't love an excuse to partake in comfort food and special beverages? There are several reasons to look forward to a cozy gathering like a Friendsgiving.

1. It can be as low key (or not) as you want it to be.

Friends

Friendsgiving is great because you get to plan it alongside your friends! You can make all the decisions about who's bringing what dish and what games are going to be played - as long as no one falls asleep after eating.

2. A lot of people you love are in one place.

Friends

Maybe not every single person you love is there, but at least there's a group of people who simply enjoys each other's company. It doesn't get much better than that.

3. You get a whole smorgasbord of food and drinks.

Friends

Maybe your friend will even make you a new cocktail to try. Everyone is able to bring a dish or make a contribution that really shows off their skills, or lack thereof.

4. Friendsgiving kicks off the holiday season right.

Friends

Whenever I see Friendsgiving posts, I start to feel like it's finally the holiday season. The holiday season alone is just a splendid time of year to appreciate all that you have.

5. You get a chance to show your friends you appreciate them.

Friends

Intentionally taking the time to plan a get-together with friends demonstrates that your group cares about each other. Why not go the extra mile and offer to host this year? Time and energy are precious, and sharing that with friends is truly a worthwhile investment.

6. You get to take ownership of how you spend the holidays and create new traditions.

Friends

It's so incredible to be able to make some intentional decisions about spending time with friends and starting new holiday traditions.

7. Your group has a reason to be together.

Friends

As if you needed a reason to be together. Friendsgiving just gives you one.

This year, I hope you get to take some time to share in the joy of the holiday season with not only your families but your closest people - your friends. The older you get, the harder it is for friends to come together. Enjoy these special times and make as many memories as you can! Happy Thanksgiving!