8 Steps To Recover From When Your Dreams Just Crashed Down On You

Go ahead and have that pity party, but make sure to get over it.

57

Have you ever had your heart so set on something that you knew that it was what you wanted to do for the rest of your life? Everyone has and if they have not it is just because they haven't reached that point in their life yet. However; I had my heart set on something I wanted to do for the rest of my life, but my dream got taken away and I got knocked off the path. Even though we may get knocked down we can still conquer what we had planned, but first, we need to know how to recover.

1. Have that pity party.

Everyone says no do not get sad and down about yourself because you are great and you can do this. While that may be true sometimes we need to hear that it is okay to be upset. We do not always have to be strong and act as if nothing is bothering us. Have that pity party girl, or boy. Have it but don't let it affect your everyday life.

2. Cry it out.

Referring back to number one don't be afraid to be sad. It's okay to be sad. I was sad for about two weeks when my dream got taken away and I did not know how to recover in the least bit. That's okay you do not have to know how to recover just know in the back of your mind you will make it through the darkness.

3. Be mad.

Get mad, cry, have the pity party. When you have your heart so set on something the way I did it's hard not to get mad. I was bound and determined to be in the Air Force, but that just wasn't in the cards for me. So yes I got mad and screamed and was angry at everyone for a while.

4. Don't take it out on your loved ones.

This is definitely one thing I learned. I got mad at my parents and stepparents, but guess what it is not their faults they had nothing to do with it.

5. Let people support you.

When going through having your dreams taken away you need people around you. Have those close friends over. Spend alone time with your Mom, Dad, whoever. Just be around people that love you and see your potential.

6. Be alone.

Yes I said be around your loved ones and that you should, but also give yourself some "you time". Sit down and actually think about what happened. Let yourself rebuild your confidence.

7. Get back on track.

Once you've done everything you need to do whether it be crying, getting mad, being alone, or even going on vacation; it's now time to get back on track. Even though you do not have to know what you're doing immediately at least start making plans. Start trying to put the pieces back together.

8. Let GO and Let GOD.

This is the hardest thing, but God has got you. Let all the anger go and all your previous plans go. If you trust him you'll know where you need to go and he'll bring around another opportunity.

In my case he has brought another way to serve my country to my feet. Although I might not get that position either I know that I will be alright because I've picked myself up and am moving on. That's what you have to do. MOVE ON.