I thought I had found a soulmate. I thought I had found this perfect person who got my humor, could handle my weirdness and was willing to work on my insecurities with me. Turns out I was wrong. I let myself open up to this person even though opening up to people is the hardest thing for me to do because every time I open up to people, they walk out of my life. Of course, he walked right out without looking back. I have asked myself over and over again "What is so wrong with me that the people I care about most keep leaving me behind?" No matter how many times I ask myself this question, I can't seem to find an answer.

Whoever you are, whether you've just gone through a breakup or even lost a close friend, just know there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. Believe me, I have a lot of experience with this sort of stuff and I would like to think I'm not a bad person. Whatever is happening in your significant other's life right now that has caused them to end things most likely has nothing to do with you. Just know that if someone truly loves you they will never ever leave you behind. Someone who loves you wouldn't bring this type of hurt into your life and they wouldn't leave you behind.

Besides, don't get caught up on some boy. I found myself wondering where I went wrong when I didn't do anything. I realized I have so many things I could be focusing on. Go spend more time with your friends, focus more on school, get more involved in your community, just go and kick some booty! Don't worry, if someone is truly meant to be in your life, they will fall right into your lap without you even looking for them. Everything happens for a reason and every time a door closes a better, more beautiful one opens.