How To Get Over A Heart Break

How To Get Over A Heart Break

Give yourself 7 days to be sad, then get up and show the world what you're made of

6
Unsplash

You get 7 days to be sad. You get 7 days to cry, mope, and pity yourself. You get 7 days to ask "why" and feel like you aren't ever good enough. You get 7 days to listen to sad music, to talk about the situation non stop, and feel like you'll never be able to move on.

You get 7 days and then it's time to get up, knock it off, and tell yourself you can do this. As hard as it is, as much as it sucks, you get up, wipe the tears, and tell yourself life will get better.

You may be sad. You may be hurt. But what does that do? What does that do to cry and yell and wish things were different? Because unfortunately they're not. Unfortunately this is the way it is. So why waste the time? Why tell yourself you aren't worth anything?

Get up. Take a deep breath. And move on. Life is going to go on with or without you so you might as well go with. People aren't going to feel sorry for you forever, and whatever you're sad about is probably not even worth it so get up and stop being sad.

You get 7 days to hate everything and everyone. You get 7 days to cry until there's nothing left in you. You get 7 days and then you show yourself that you can do this. Show whoever hurt you that you can do this.

No one is going to wait for you to stop being sad. You are better than this. You are strong, independent, and brave. You took a chance, you risked getting hurt, and even though you did, you will learn something. You will learn why this is happening. You will see in the long run that whatever you're sad about is all for a reason.

You're going to have bad days. Some days you're going to wake up and be sad. Some days you're not going to be able to do anything without thinking about it.

But you are better than this. You are better than the petty stuff you want to do to make whoever hurt you mad. You are better than texting them. You are better than finding some rebound to try and heal the wounds.

Take this time and focus on yourself. Learn more about you. Fall in love with yourself. Make goals. Change. Be better. So that one day, it might be a couple of months or maybe even a couple of years, you will wake up and smile and see your worth. You'll know who you are, what you are, and everything in between.

So you get 7 days. You get 7 days to be sad and wish to be someone else. You get 7 days to wonder what is wrong with you. You get 7 days and then you get your ass out of bed and go find yourself.

Be sad. Cry. Scream. Hate the world. But on that 8th day, you show this cruel world you're more than what you are feeling right now.

There's no time to be sad. So get up. And be brave.