Skin disorders tend to occur when we least expect them; there are many types of skin disorders some of which have a simple cure while others take a great deal of effort. The reason for skin disorders includes bacteria being trapped in your skin pores or hair follicles, fungus, parasites, microorganisms on the skin, viruses, a weak immune system, allergies, and many more.
This can result in various skin conditions like Acne, Cold sore, Blister, Hives, Actinic keratosis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Measles, and more. There are several other issues that affect our skin like stress and anxiety. How we feel directly impacts our appearance physically. Thus, when we feel low or are stressed out, it adversely affects us, It also affects the skin in many ways. This article provides information on how anxiety affects our skin and tips for skin care in Brisbane.
How anxiety affects your skin?
The link between skin problems and our psychological distress is something that not many understand. In fact, anxiety is triggered due to lots of stress which in turn causes skin problems. Several skin problems are linked to anxiety, like acne, eczema, urticaria, psoriasis, rosacea, obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorder, etc. There is a strong connection between the skin and the brain; excessive stress will affect the skin via the body's inflammatory pathways. Dry skin is a clear sign of something being wrong with your skin and it is most likely due to stress. The professionals at a skin clinic have the expertise to help you manage the stress and regain control with the help of several treatments.
Common signs that your skin issues are due to being over-stressed
If you notice abnormalities with your skin after having a long session of high anxiety, the skin problem likely has to do with stress. Here are some good signs that your skin problem is to do with your being highly stressed or anxious:
- The flaring up of eczema every time there is a deadline nearing is a good sign.
- If there are skin problems when being emotionally distressed; this too is a clear sign. The fact is that being emotionally distressed also results in the release of stress hormones. This affects our immune system and the skin's ability to defend; it also delays the healing process.
- Those feeling tired, overwhelmed, short on time, dark circles or bags under their eyes along with a new rash or hair loss are likely to have a stress-related skin issue.
- You can also link issues to do with your hair and nails with stress issues. In fact, chronic stress negatively impacts your health in many ways; it can also happen that the physiological changes lead to high blood pressure, fatigue, headaches, and skin issues.
Tips to treat skin conditions that occur due to stress & anxiety
- Maintain a positive environment with the help of your favourite candles, scent, and music. This is good for your mental health to ensure one feels more satisfied and fit.
- Self-confidence plays a major role in remaining in good spirits during the day; this can be achieved in many ways.
- A good night's sleep can go a long way in restoring your immune system; one should sleep at least 8 hours a day.
- Avoid people and issues that are emotionally draining and those that make you feel low about yourself.
- Consume plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Opt for regular facial massage from a professional skin clinic to boost the production of collagen.
- There is also a connection between our gut, brain, and skin hence it is important to maintain a good and healthy diet.
- Develop a skincare routine and stick to it.
- Exercise regularly and remain active with physical activities like hiking, cycling, fitness classes, etc. Other activities like yoga, tai chi can also help reduce stress.
How can a skin clinic come to the rescue with skin treatments in Brisbane?
Some of the popular treatments like glow skincare in Brisbane offered by the professionals include:
- A full skin checkup
- Medical consultation for a skin concern
- Cosmetic consultation
- Injectables - Anti-Wrinkle, Dermal Filler
- Carbon Laser & Cosmeceutical Facials
- Chemical Peels
- LED Light Therapy
At times it is necessary to contact professionals for assistance to help deal with your skin problems. The experts at a clear skin clinic in Brisbane will provide individual treatments and also make use of medicated creams and ointments to treat your issue. In fact, it is best to contact professionals to avoid your rash or skin issue from flaring up and avoid the symptoms from getting worse.