5 Essential Steps to Creating a Successful Company Blog

Take your business to the next level by creating a successful company blog through these 5 steps.

5

The power of SEO for small businesses is no secret. Most people use Google to find the products and services they need, and if you aren't using SEO, you won't be found on search engines. No matter how great your product is, you need to have a strong web presence to increase your customer base.

One of the main components of SEO is creating a company blog. Starting a blog is easy and can really pay off for your business right away. Here are the essential 5 steps to creating a business blog.

Choose a Blogging Platform

Your blogging platform is necessary for creating a website and a blog. The most popular platform is wordpress.org, which is free to use and easy to set up. It takes just a few minutes before you have your platform up and you can start adding to your blog. There are some other free blogging platform options, but WordPress is the best choice for long-term business blogging.

Choose a Theme

WordPress allows you to choose a theme for your website from a large list of options. You can pick the one that you feel best represents your company brand. There are tons of free themes to choose from, and even more that you can pay for using their premium feature. When choosing a theme for your blog site, make sure to consider a few things.

First, is it functional on all devices such as smartphones and tablets? Then, make sure it comes with a support and contact option. You want the people visiting your site to be able to contact you with any questions or report any issues with the site. Make the theme representative of your business. Can your theme translate to a business card? Utilize a business card maker to see how your theme looks on paper.

Register Your Domain Name

Once you've decided on a blogging platform, you'll need to register your domain name (URL). This will cost you around 10 dollars per year, depending on which service you choose to use. Once you register your domain name, your URL will belong to you until the time you've paid for expires.

Purchase Web Hosting

In addition to paying for your domain name, you'll also need to pay for web hosting. This allows your website to host your blog, You can purchase web posting from several companies such as GoDaddy or Hostgator.

Create a Plan

Now that you have your website up and running, it's time to make a blogging plan. Is your goal to attract more people to your website, or do you want to become an established expert blogger in your field? You should determine how often you want to post, so you can set goals and stay consistent. If you want to improve your SEO, you should be posting a new blog at least once a month, but more often if you can.

You should determine the voice and style of your blog, and make sure it's consistent in all of your posts. You don't want each blog post to look and sound completely different. People who start reading your blogs should know what to expect when they click on a new article.

Most importantly, make sure you only post quality content. You are going to have potential customers visiting your website, and it's important they see you as an expert in your field. Always thoroughly proofread each blog before posting, and only post blogs that offer valuable and unique insight to your readers.