How to Combat Acne

How to Combat Acne

Your skin is the largest organ you have so it makes sense that it is influenced negatively by factors such as stress acne.

19

Scientists have found that high levels of stress can cause an increase in outbreaks due to the fact that stress weakens the body's defense systems, making it less able to fight off the bacteria that cause acne. Situations of stress or emotions such as fear and anxiety can also trigger chemical reactions in your body that make you more prone to suffering from inflamed acne lesions. One way to treat stress acne is to minimize stress in your life.

Make sure you get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night. Eat a balanced and healthy diet and exercise regularly. Avoid junk food, soft drinks and fast greasy food. Take long walks every day to relieve any tension you may be feeling. These are all ways in which you can reduce internal stressors and help your body fight acne. Once you minimize stress, you can begin to treat acne and hopefully prevent future stress acne by learning to manage stress more effectively.

Participate in activities that reduce stress. Take a soothing bubble bath, hang out with a nice company, write down any negative feelings in a diary, watch a funny movie or just take some time off from work or school to relax at home. Light some scented vanilla and lavender candles, lower the lights brightness and lie down to relax. The aromatherapy of candles will relieve anxiety and any tension you may be experiencing. This in turn will help your body fight the infections that lead to acne.

Treat acne by developing a routine in the morning that consists of a deep cleansing product and treatment of acne spots.

Every morning, wash your face with a mild oil-free cleanser to treat stress acne that still lingers on your face or body. Follow this with an application of salicylic acid in inflamed acne lesions. Try Acne Control for Neutrogena Oil-Free Stress, which is a 3-in-1 moisturizing treatment specifically formulated to relieve stress acne.

Apply a relaxing oil-free moisturizer on your entire face to prevent excessive drying of the skin. A scented lavender moisturizer has the added benefit of relieving stress naturally when you breathe.

Be patient, stressing your stress acne will only make it worse.

Do not take off your shins; Let acne treatments and stress relievers do their job.