How to clean your gaming chair to always keep it looking new

In the same way as gaming chairs are today one more peripheral in our ecosystem for the PC, we must also clean them periodically and not only so that they maintain a good aesthetic appearance, but also so that they last as long as possible.

12

So, we are going to teach you how to clean a gaming chair , be it fabric, synthetic leather or genuine leather, to keep it looking new and last as long as possible.You can visit gamersmenu.com for best chair.

How to clean the upholstery of your gaming chair

We are going to distinguish here in the three main types of upholstery that we can find in gaming chairs: fabric, synthetic leather and genuine leather or leather.

Fabric gaming chairs

Fabric chairs are a bit more complicated to clean than synthetic leather ones, since in the same way as their surface is breathable, it also happens that dirt enters it deeper. If we do a weekly cleaning of the chair, as a general rule it will be enough to vacuum it using, if possible, a brush tool for this since it will help dirt and dust to come out so that the vacuum cleaner does its job . It is important not to press too hard with the brush so that we do not break any of the bristles of the fabric.

If the fabric chair has significant stains , or if you have spilled liquid on it, then you will need to do a little more thorough cleaning and a vacuum cleaner will not suffice. The downside of fabric gaming chairs is that liquids will penetrate to the bottom, which is why it is also not recommended to use steam cleaning techniques (Vaporetta and similar) since liquid deposits will form in the lower areas, which can cause let the stuffing in the chair rot.

In these cases, a good solution may be to purchase a specific cleaning product for upholstery , which has a dry foam that does not damage the fabric at all and leaves it very clean, especially if there are bad odors. Its price is usually around 5 euros.

Omino Bianco Carpet Cleaner - 300 ml

If you want, you can also lastly wipe it with a cloth with water and liquid soap to make it look like new.

Synthetic and genuine leather gaming chairs

Synthetic leather chairs are much easier to clean than fabric chairs, since the upholstery does not allow liquids to enter the interior, so any dirt they have will be external. The only important thing here is not to use abrasive products , nor to flood the chair with too much water. It is best to use a basin of warm water with a few drops of liquid soap (for hands, Fairy, etc.) and gently clean it with a wrung out microfiber cloth.

For real leather chairs, the technique is the same, but you have to make sure that the cloth is very, very wrung out so that the surface of the chair remains with the least possible humidity. With everything and with that, it is advisable to wipe the entire surface with a very dry cloth when finishing to make sure to leave it as dry as possible, since otherwise the leather could crack.

In the case of leather chairs, if you see that some cracks are already forming, you can gently give them with a cloth and horse fat so that they do not get bigger.

How to clean the stand, wheels and plastic parts

To clean the support and the plastic parts, you can use the same cloth with water and liquid soap that we use for the upholstery, but you have to do it last of all because these parts are the ones that tend to accumulate the most dirt.

For the wheels, we can use the same cloth as well. In the case that we have pets at home, it is quite likely that the bearings have been filled with hair . In this case, it is advisable to remove the wheels by pulling them (remember that they come under pressure) and with a spreadable knife or one that has little edge but saw teeth, pull out the hair little by little, turning the bearing so that they go coming out.

How often should you clean the chair?

The ideal is to do a top cleaning at least once a week, and it is also advisable to do a thorough cleaning at least every 1-2 months to keep it in optimal condition for a long time. Thus, giving it the necessary care and keeping it clean, it will last like new for a long time.