Learning To Love Your Body Doesn't Happen Overnight

Learning To Love Your Body Doesn't Happen Overnight, It's A Journey

If you're motivating yourself to go to the gym or just exercise in general, good for you! But make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

214

To be confident in your body and your own skin can be tough, especially when we live in an era of Photoshop and the flooding of photos of countless Instagram models who take "perfect" photos only because they know how to work their angles. How can we learn to love who we are when we are constantly comparing ourselves to people with different body types every single day?

I'm guilty of comparing myself to others and I do realize that it's not healthy. I have my moments where I look in the mirror and I like what I see but I definitely have more days of negative thoughts towards myself than I do positive thoughts, but I'm working on changing that. My word of advice is if you're scrolling on whatever social media app you're on and you notice that you start to feel bad about yourself, take a break and get off the app. Is it really necessary for us to do this to ourselves? And 90% of the time, those "models" don't actually look like that.

Do what makes you happy and makes you feel confident. If you're motivating yourself to go to the gym or just exercise in general, good for you! But make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Do it for YOU, not anybody else. Don't put the thought in your head that nobody will like you because your stomach isn't flat or you don't have abs or a thigh gap. People are going to like you for you. As long as you're healthy and happy, that is all that matters. Learning to love your body does not happen overnight, remember that. It's a slow process but your journey to loving yourself and being body confident will be completely worth it.