7 Unique Tips to Attaining Self-Love

7 Unique Tips to Attaining Self-Love

How to love yourself before anyone else

96
7 Unique Tips to Attaining Self-Love

You can have all the money, success, wealth and/or fame in the world and still not be happy. One can miss out on many opportunities in life simply because they lack a tremendously important quality in life - The quality that is the basis of happiness is self-love. Here are some helpful steps to ensure that you begin loving yourself.

1. Accept Yourself:

Accept yourself for who you are. Be comfortable in your own skin. Take every flaw, rejection, and negative encounter as an opportunity to improve. If you are working towards a goal, there will most likely be obstacles you can't fulfill right away. Don't give up! Remember all your positive accomplishments and celebrate them. Whether it's your career goals, relationship, school, your job, or a promotion, always keep a positive mindset regardless. Remain true to yourself because at the end of the day, your personality is valuable and something that CANNOT be bought. Take a deep breath, and smile at the person in your mirror. That person is your biggest hero.

2. Understand:

That you will be judged and criticized for all that you do as you continue your journey in life. Although it is sometimes productive to incorporate these suggestions to your life, remember to also hold tightly to your own ideas and beliefs. Your own individual thoughts is what makes you, you! "To each his own magic" -Libba Bray

3. Applaud Yourself:

Even when things don't go your way. Even if your dream job rejects you, or if your crush from Sociology class likes someone else, don't beat yourself up! Instead, move forward and prepare yourself for the future. It's normal to feel discouraged in these circumstances but life does not end there. "The end of the road does not mean it's the end of the journey, it just eans you should try walking on another path".

4. Give Yourself Pep Talks:

That's right. Talk to yourself positively in the mirror. Tell yourself your weaknesses and strengths, but remain confident regardless. Remind yourself that you have come a long way and you deserve to be happy, and most importantly, love yourself!

5. Try New Things That You Wouldn't Normally Do:

Take a break from the consistent work life and stress once in a while and treat yourself! Go out to a nice coffee shop, buy a new outfit or perfume, try on new make up, style your hair differently, dye your hair a different color, or travel somewhere you've never been to before. Sometimes, we don't want to try these things because we fear change. You must cast away your fears and get out of your comfort zone sometimes! Doing so will make you look great, and feel even better about yourself.

6. Cut off Toxic People and/or Relationships:

This includes family members, friends, lovers, and spouses. If your the people closest to you are constantly nagging you, making fun of you, putting you down in any way, or making you feel insecure about yourself, they are TOXIC. Be sure to cut them off immediately. Remember, you are your own source of happiness. Thus, you don't need to explain your reason for leaving someone else's life. If it's too hard to cut these people off, try to maintain a good amount of distance from them. Keep in mind, you deserve to be happy even if you have to let go!

7. Breathe, Relax, and Maintain Balance:

Life is a beautiful, yet complex journey for most of us. However, don't overlook the things that make life beautiful, even through a rough moment. There are many green trees, colorful plants, canyons, gorgeous beaches and other breathtaking areas of visit in life. Enjoy these wonders; life is too short to become bitter and cold. One important thing to remember, is that as long as you have self-control and balance upon everything you do, you will be just fine. You are amazing in your own way and never let anyone nor anything wash dull your shine. Love yourself!

Additional points to consider

• Keep a positive mindset throughout your successes and downfalls. A better mind is a better you.
  • Beauty is seen/embraced in many ways and forms.
  • Don't compare yourself to others.
  • Never be afraid to speak your mind.
  • You should always stand up to what you feel is right, in the most respectable way.

Warnings

• Look out for friends who secretly bring you down, see you fall.
  • Beware of people who try to suck the energy and life out of you.
  • Avoid those who manipulate you into hating yourself, or feeling small.

If you apply these essential tips to your life, you will be rewarded with a wonderful gift - self-love!