How Seniors Want to Answer Your Questions

Being on the other side is much, much harder.

6

If second semester seniors were allowed to speak their minds, there'd be a lot more honesty, sass, and indecisiveness in their answers. 

Do you know what you want to do after graduation?
Yes, I do. I want to find a job in a big city and have a dog that has his/her own famous Instagram account. But that doesn’t mean my revised resume (for the eighth time) isn’t being rejected and I lack professional networking.

Do you have a job?
No, I don’t. Nor do I know what I want to do with my life. You really don’t change much from freshman year to senior year — your anxiety will only increase as you google jobs and the cost of living in your future city.

Where are you going to graduate school?
Nowhere, because A) I am absolutely over classes or B) because I don’t find out if I am accepted until March. But until then, I’ll drink my vodka sodas and pretend that everything is fine.

What do you like the most about being in a sorority?
Well, it’s definitely not the matching outfits, chanting, or cheering. It’s really for the close knit friends that’ll watch Desperate Housewives with you and won’t judge you for sobbing at Parenthood’s series finale. Actually, it’s for having friends that’ll accept you when you’re eating pizza at 2 a.m.

What I truly like about being in a sorority is having friends that won’t judge you. Instead, they’ll join you on your devious adventures and take photos for the memories.

Are you excited for graduation?
Do I want to leave all of my friends that will be sporadically placed across the nation in four months? So that I can move to a big city and file for unemployment? Am I excited to live in a world where that isn’t acceptable? No, no I am not.

Is that an engagement ring?
Yes it is. Yes you can see it. No, you cannot judge me for being engaged at such a young and trying age. But you can let me talk about my perfect fiancé.

Oh, to be a freshman again.