How Reiki can Help You Unwind No Matter What Your Day Looked Like

It's never fun to get into something totally new, especially if you're already stressed. That's why so many outsiders are quick to completely dismiss Reiki as something that's going to be too tough to integrate into whatever mindfulness practice they might have already tried.

26

It's never fun to get into something totally new, especially if you're already stressed. That's why so many outsiders are quick to completely dismiss Reiki as something that's going to be too tough to integrate into whatever mindfulness practice they might have already tried. One of the biggest secrets in the field of energy healing, however, is that it's surprisingly easy to get start even for those who've never meditated.

You do not have to become a Reiki master to use Reiki to heal yourself, because let's face it: you're probably not trying to start your own healing office. If you're just on a little quest for self-improvement and want to deepen whatever you've been trying so far, then you do not need more than Reiki I. This does not take more than a few days and can also be done online. Even those who might be a little skeptical of anything they deem as woo woo might be at least willing to try something that some studies suggest could lead to greater feelings of security as well as relaxation.

Getting Started with Zero Experience

Start by making a simple promise to yourself that just for today you won't get angry and you won't worry. By doing so, you're not really making any long-term commitment thus it's far easier to just put a mental bandage on it and give it a try even if you're not normally able to stick to internal promises that you make. The Five Pillars of Reiki also include promising to be thankful for just today, endeavor hard in your work and be kind to others.

Again, you don't have to make some massive commitment or pressure yourself to change all of these things in a single day. That's going to defeat the purpose of making a decision to unwind, though those who work with a Reiki pro often see results in as little as one session. Once you've agreed to do this, start by creating an intention or some sort of question. Breath deeply and visualize you are drawing in energy. Each time that you let the air out, focus on allowing that energy to spread to every cell of your body and then straight out into your spirit,

Eventually, you might find that your mind starts to wander. Instead of chastising yourself, which would defeat the purpose, simply bring your thoughts back to the intention that you planned in the first place. You may need to rethink your intentions if you're finding it hard to do so.

Figuring Out the Right Intention to Spread Energy

Though it's fine to focus at least somewhat on financial independence through meditation, you'll really want to emphasize non-materialistic goals. At first, you might even want to say to yourself that your intention is literally to unwind. For many people that feel all worked up after a long day, this alone is probably pretty tough.

Instead of thinking of all that stress in your body as tension, visualize it as areas of emptiness that are just running on fumes. Reiki is all about energy, so you want to re-energize these areas. Though that might sound different from how you'd normally relax after a long day, it's a really revolutionary approach that might help.

With each Reiki touch, really focus on drawing new life into each area of your body. Though you might be tempted to think of this as catching your second wind, there's no reason to rush things once you feel that your body has been energized all over again. In fact, you might want to do quite the opposite.

Keeping a Relaxed Posture at All Times

When you're just starting out, don't fall into the trap of thinking of Reiki as a competition because it isn't. The only single person in the whole world that you're trying to be better here is the person you were the day before, which can be really challenging if you had a tougher day today than yesterday. It might help to focus on the lower Dan Tian point, which is the acupuncture meridian stop right below your navel. Many people refer to this as keeping themselves centered, which in this case is rather literal.

Even though you won't have to keep to the precepts of Reiki for more than the one day you promise, you might find that it's the one thing that really does help you unwind.