How To Make Use Of A Rainy Day

How To Make Use Of A Rainy Day

Here are 13 ways to have a fun day inside!

57
How To Make Use Of A Rainy Day

When I sat down to write this week's article I couldn't help, but notice the rain pouring outside. I also couldn't help but feel completely bored when I realized that I would be stuck inside all day, which is what led me to compiling a list of activities to do on rainy days. I hope you'll find this list useful on your next rainy day!

1. Try A New Recipe

Rainy days are the perfect opportunity to try to make a dish you've seen on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, BuzzFeed or Instagram!

These crockpot baked apples look absolutely delicious!

2. Clean Your Room

Take the opportunity to clean your room so the next time you go out your mom won't nag you for it. If you're feeling really inspired, then change it up and reorganize your furniture!

3. Paint Your Nails

There's plenty of time on a rainy day to take off your chipped manicure and try out a new color. Get creative with some nail art while you're at it. Checkout some tutorials by MissJenFABULOUS, cutepolish (her real name is Sandi) and Janelle (a.k.a., elleandish). I love painting my nails and learned a lot on tips and tricks from them.

The top is MissJenFABULOUS' manicure and the bottom is my recreation. You can learn how to recreate here.

4. Catch Up On Your Favorite Show

The best part about rainy days is that there's no guilt if you spend your day binge-watching instead of going outside. Catch up on your favorite shows or start a new series!

5. Read A Book

If you're anything like me, then you'll understand that finding motivation to sit down and read is nearly impossible, which is why it's the perfect way to spend an afternoon on a rainy day when you're bored out of your mind.

6. Take A Relaxing Bath

Have any bath bombs you been dying to try, but never had the time? Rainy days gives you plenty of time to unwind in a galaxy bathtub!

7. Try A DIY

Get on Pinterest, find whatever you can in the house and make a craft out of it! You might end up with a new picture frame, bookshelf, pillow or even a shirt! Maybe try out a DIY face mask!

Learn how to make these adorable paper roses here.

8. Draw

Get inspired and grab some paper and colored pencils! No one is a perfect artist, but rainy days give you the perfect opportunity to focus on your art!

9. Try On A New Look

Experiment with your hair and make-up on your next rainy day! You might end the day learning a new braid, hairdo or perfect winged eyeliner!

10. Clean Your Make-Up Brushes

There's no need to wear any make-up on a rainy day, so make some use out of it and clean your make-up brushes. Next time you apply your make-up everything will be fresh and clean!

11. Organize Your Closet

Clean up your closet when you're stuck inside all day. You'll feel great knowing it's nice and neat afterwards!

12. Play A Game

Play a game on your phone, online or with some family and/or friends! I personally love Scattergories and Monopoly!

13. Movie Night

Top off a rainy day with a movie night! Check out if movies that you missed in the theater are available on demand and grab the popcorn!