How LeaderShape Inspired Me

How LeaderShape Inspired Me

I am a leader, I have a vision, and I will make a change in this world.

27
How LeaderShape Inspired Me

Last week, I was granted the opportunity to attend a leadership conference in Champaign, Illinois, called LeaderShape. The mission of LeaderShape is “to transform the world by increasing the number of people who lead with integrity and have a healthy disregard for the impossible.” For over 30 years, LeaderShape has changed the lives of its participants. As a participant, I made friendships that will last a lifetime, learned from the most intelligent facilitators, and created my own personal vision to change the world.

Multiple times throughout the day, the facilitators would use quotes to inspire the participants while working to turn their visions into realities. Here are some quotes that were used for inspiration that I found valuable and I hope you do as well:

“Be stretched.” – LeaderShape

“I will hold space for you.” – Anonymous

“When you are ready to process, I will have your back.” – LeaderShape

“I identify as a leader, but I do not have all of the answers.” – Anonymous

“Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. That simple, that difficult.” – Warren Bennis

“Leadership is a matter of how to be not doing.” – Anonymous

“Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” – Marianne Williamson

“Be the person you needed when you were younger.” – Anonymous

“You never know when someone may catch a dream from you.” – Helen Marshall

“There is not someone you cannot love once you have heard their story.” – LeaderShape

“Radiating positivity is a choice, as is being a toxic person.” – Anonymous

“Mans mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.” – Oliver Holmes

“We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.” – Anaïs Nin

“Be held accountable to sit in the front seat of your life.” – Anonymous

“Experiencing ones self in a conscious manner is an integral part of learning.” – Karen McCown

“The point is to become yourself, to use yourself completely in order to make your vision manifest.” – Warren Bennis

“Visions are powerful mental pictures of what we want to create for the future.” – LeaderShape

“At the moment of vision, the universe desires to help you.” – Anonymous

“Leadership is a ripple effect.” – LeaderShape

“Energy is attractive.” – Daniel Bowman

“A.D.B. – Always Dream Big.” – Anonymous

“Lead with integrity.” – LeaderShape

“Integrity means that we are the same on the inside as on the outside.” – LeaderShape

“Do not just talk the talk, walk the walk.” – James 2:26

“Power in organizations is the capacity generated by relationships.” – Margaret Wheatley

“We learn to do something by doing it. There is no other way.” – John Holt

“Watch your thoughts, they become words.” – Frank Outlaw

“Watch your words, they become actions.” – Frank Outlaw

“Watch your actions, they become habits.” – Frank Outlaw

“Watch your habits, they become character.” – Frank Outlaw

“Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” – Frank Outlaw

LeaderShape inspired me to create my vision on how to change the world. With the assistance and guidance from facilitators and peers, I am now more inspired than ever to put my vision into action. I am a leader, I have a vision, and I will make a change in this world.