the type of feelings the love of your life should give you

how you know when you've met the one

It was unexpected and neither of us were looking, but he is hands down the best thing to ever happen to me.

2695

Growing up, I was never the girl who always had a boyfriend or was involved with a guy. I just did not see the point in pursuing a relationship with someone if I didn't see a future with them. Given that that was my perspective on dating, I had never been in a relationship before the one I am in now. Some people may think it is weird for a nineteen-year-old college sophomore to just now has her first boyfriend, but I think it's special that I waited to date until I found someone special.

Given that I had no relationship experience when I met Jake, I didn't really know what to expect when it came to having a boyfriend. I had an idea of what it would be like based on relationships my friends have been in, but that still wasn't personal experience or knowledge. When I say that Jake exceeded every single expectation I had, I mean it. I've never felt more loved and cared for than I do now. He has made me the happiest girl in the world, and isn't that what we all search for in a partner?

Sometimes when you meet a guy/girl in college or at any point in your adult life and develop feelings for them, you kind of hesitate to get into a relationship because commitment can be a scary thing. Especially nowadays with cheating being such a common and widespread issue. One of the biggest signs that Jake was the one for me was that I wasn't hesitant at all to commit to him. In fact, I have never been more excited to do anything in my life than commit to him and be his girl. Beyond that, I have never been more proud of anything in my life than I am to call Jake mine. He never fails to show me how much he loves and cares about me each and every day, and I do the same for him. Because of this, neither of us ever questions how the other feels. We always know, which results in neither of us ever getting jealous or scared of being hurt because we know that no one could ever come between us

In addition to how easy it was to commit and how happy he makes me, Jake does so many little things that mean so much. For instance, holding my hand whenever he gets the chance, making me breakfast/lunch/dinner, holding doors open for me, doing my dishes, giving me his favorite shirts/sweatshirts to wear, encouraging me in anything and everything I do, telling me I'm beautiful each and every day, and so much more. It's the little things like that that he does that show me how much he truly does love me. Those aren't things that every guy does, those are things that the right guy does when he really loves his girl.

While having an unbeatable connection is definitely a major factor in why Jake is the one I'll be spending the rest of my life with, another major factor is our similar lifestyles and aspirations. We both workout nearly every day and eat extremely healthily. So, when we are together, neither of us has to change our routine in order to accommodate the other. We do the exact same things we normally do every day, it just makes them a million times better because we are doing them together. Furthermore, we have similar career aspirations, and we want the same things when it comes to our future.

Between the love we have for each other, how similar our lifestyles already are, and are nearly identical visions for our future, I know that I've found the man I'll spend the rest of my life with. He makes me the happiest person, and I am so extraordinarily blessed to have found him. I can only hope that other people are as lucky as us when it comes to love. I feel nothing but excitement for my future with Jake because I know it will be full of happiness, love, and amazing memories.