How It Feels To Be 22

Let me say this and let me be frank: TIME IS FLEETING.

Being twenty-one is great (probably the best milestone you can reach because you can basically do whatever you want).

The rest of the years looking forward seem scary. You become completely unsure of everything you ever knew .

You see, twenty-two is great for people who are already older, wishing they could re-live those days. While that is all rainbows and sunshine, they forget the mentality and fear that is even worse now, that people are unprepared and have higher expectations than ever. School occupies basically a quarter of your entire life. That is scary enough.

People expect everyone (while not being in that position at all), to be settling down when they just got a degree (or if they even got one)!

We are told we need college, a significant other, a place of our own, a secure (probably boring) job, and exercise with a balanced diet and social life. Isn't that just SO easy and simple? No. Meanwhile, the reality of it all is that you are probably living in a crappy apartment or living at home eating your feelings out in your bedroom while doing chores trying to have a small bit of a social life and trying to hibernate because you are mentally and physical exhausted. Did I hit the mark?

Even if I didn't, the overall message here is that the pressure is real. People feel that it is now or never and because of that, they feel that they fail if their life isn't together. No one has it together. No one ever has it together. Life will always be work and that is the reality. We need to get out of our social media bubbles and wake up. We have time! We live so "short-term" and "yolo this and yolo that," that we actually create these pressures all on our own.

So what I'm saying friends is, try to stay sane and take it one day at a time.

Thanks and talk to you again soon!