6 Reasons Why I Love My Hot Mess Friend Group

Even though we’re all a bunch of bitches but we really do love each other.
14

As my sophomore year comes to a close and everyone and their mother are stressing the f*ck out about exams I’m kind of wishing the semester wasn't over. I mean, yeah, I’m obviously super excited to be going home and being done with school but, with the semester ending, I’m honestly a little sad. Sad because I won’t be seeing my best friends for a vast majority of the summer. Even though we are actually the hottest mess of a friend group you could possibly find I’m still so incredibly lucky they chose to hang out with me freshman year. As one of them would say we're a definite “cluster f*ck” of a group, but that’s what keeps things interesting. We’re a group that fails at early morning adventures to mountain sunsets, being quiet when we’re together on the street and making plans to hang out -- but I love it. Every minute with these ladies is filled with laughter and just a little bit of unnecessarily rude sarcasm. Here are just a few things that my friends and I consistently do that make us a “cluster f*ck”:

1. That time we wore matching pajamas for “friends-giving”

I'm sure everyone walking down the street had a good laugh when we walked out on a snack run. The large bear slippers were definitely icing on the cake.

2. Our actual inability to take a decent picture together

As my cover photo suggests we can't take a good picture as a group. This makes finding an appropriate Instagram post nearly impossible.

3. The fact that we can’t take anything seriously

Even though this can be frustrating our ability to not take things seriously can also be helpful. This means that the laughs are pretty much always guaranteed.

4. We’re a little hostile towards each other except for a couple of days out of the year

Sometimes we might be a little mean to one another, but things can still get ~tender~. Especially during holidays when we go around and say what were thankful for (Hint - it's each other).

5. Being sarcastic 98% of the time

Sarcasm might be the lowest form of wit but it works for a bunch of dumb b*tches. Just kidding, you're all oh so smart.

6. The fact that it takes us a good week and a half to plan a get-together

Have you and your friend group ever spontaneously planned a cute group hang out? Yes? Well, we haven't. Nothing gets us riled up more than asking what we should all do for dinner.

With every friend group comes some drama. I’m not going to lie to you, we’re all kind of bitchy towards each other. Even so, that doesn’t mean I don’t love them because I know without them school and life would be much harder and nowhere near as entertaining. Being done with sophomore year means being halfway done with college and just a little bit closer to the probability of leaving these friends behind. Until then, I just want to thank them for the endless supply of struggles, uncomfortable hugs, and bitching sessions. Thank you for being my ride or dies. ILY.