How Guys Really Feel About Makeup

How Guys Really Feel About Makeup

19
How Guys Really Feel About Makeup

Guys seem to have a love-hate relationship when it comes to makeup.  Do they love it? Or do they hate it? 

Girls can spend anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours making what seems like magic happen. Instead of a wave of a magic wand, all it takes is the stroke of a makeup brush. We dust on illuminating powder as if it's a pinch of pixie-dust, and pull out the perfect shade of lipstick from our purses like a rabbit from a hat. 

While guys may not really understand what goes on in that hour spent in front of the mirror, they still have their opinions on whether they love it or think you should leave it. 

1. Red Lipstick 

It’s no coincidence that traffic lights, stops signs, and bull calling capes are all red. They stop you right in your tracks and will maybe even turn a few heads. Red lipstick is bold and attention grabbing.     

Love It: It is sophisticated and captivating. It accentuates the faces most sensual feature: the lips. A college study tracked the eye movements of 50 guys who were viewing different images of women and found that they spent the most time fixating on the women wearing bright red lipstick.    

Read more about the study here!

2. Smokey Eye 

Smokey eyes are typically dark, dramatic, and sultry. They’re a blend of eye shadows that intensify any look. 

Leave It:  The smokey eye may be the perfect amount of glitz and glam for a girl’s night out, but most guys don’t seem to be fans. A smoldering silver, grey, and black smokey eye gone wrong can make anyone look like a raccoon or someone who just lost a boxing match to Floyd Mayweather.          

3.  Blush and Bronzer

Blushing can be a natural reaction to gratitude and flattery. For centuries, rouged cheeks have been considered youthful and beautiful. Similar to blush, a light amount of bronzer added to the hollows of the cheek bones can define your face structure. It replicates sun-kissed skin but without the harm of the sun.    

Love It:  Blush and bronzer add instant healthiness and radiance to a look - if used moderately. Guys subconsciously identify subtle face color as warm, glowing, and approachable. As long as you don’t apply blush or bronzer with a heavy hand, it is the most universal look for all girls. But if you get a little too blush/bronzer happy, you may just look like an oompa loompa.

Overall it's safe to say that most guys gravitate toward a more natural look.  In other words, less is more. Makeup is meant to enhance your features and not mask them. Subtlety will complement your attributes and allow your features to stand out.  

Remember, "A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear."