How Do You Spend Your Time?

How Do You Spend Your Time?

Spend it wisely or it can be whisked away in the blink of an eye

30
How Do You Spend Your Time?
Google

Time. Google defines time as "the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole." That seems like a complex and confusing definition, but it is quite accurate. If you sit and think, "what is the definition of time?" How would you answer it? It's very hard to do without using the word in your definition. To me, time is much more than "the indefinite continued progress of existence". Time is valuable. Time is precious. Time is a gift. But time is taken for granted.

Every day, every hour, every second; time is constantly ticking. Although some days feel like forever and other feel like they fly by, time is constant and it never stops. In our society, we worry constantly about running out of time and not having enough time in the day. It is important to learn how to manage your time wisely because time waits for no one. If you were to sit down and write out what you do all day and calculate how much time you spend doing each activity, you would be amazed at how much time you waste daily. Time that you could spend studying, relaxing, or being with family.

Everyone is busy. That's what we all say, "I'm too busy" or "Sorry, I don't have the time." But is that really the case? Or do you not feel like putting time and effort into someone else or something else? If you continuously put off spending time with people who love and care about you, there will come a day when you will regret it. There are people who aren't as lucky. People who are sick, dying, losing their memory...The people around them, friends and family, all are spending all the time they have with them because it is what is most important in their lives. It has become their #1 priority to spend time with them. Because these people, they don't have much time left. Their time is short.

We should all take time out of your day every once in a while to sit and think about what is important to you in your life. Ask yourself, "What should I spend my time doing today?" versus "What do I want to do today?" I'm not saying you can't do things that you want to do and things that you enjoy doing, but remember what's important. Sometimes those things won't be around forever. The people, places, and opportunities you've been given, they won't be here forever. Most of you are probably thinking to yourselves, yeah yeah, whatever. And I get that. But once you know someone whose time has been cut short, you'll understand. You'll understand why you want to spend every waking moment with that person. You'll pray and pray that you can have more time with them. It hurts. It becomes very difficult even crippling. But it changes your perspective. You begin to look at your life differently. You begin to look at how you use your time more closely than before. You begin to see how short life is and how much time we spend doing unimportant things. You'll begin to understand why I am writing this.

So the next time that you're procrastinating or wondering what you should do with your day, think very hard. Do something productive. Make a difference. Change the world. Spend time with a loved one. Because in an instant, time can be cut short and when it's gone, it's gone, there's no getting it back. Cherish the time you have here and cherish the people around you. Don't keep taking it for granted. Think about it.