How A Concert Can Change Your Life

How A Concert Can Change Your Life

Because who doesn't love music?
370

Before I go any further, take a moment and remember your first concert. Maybe you were 17 years old, and seeing One Direction like me. How did you feel after you left that concert? I know I was on some sort of One Direction high for weeks, and listened to them all the time. Literally, I was more obsessed than before!

Now, think of the time you went to your favorite concert. The excitement builds from the day you purchase the tickets to the second they walk off stage. Seeing them there, in person, live, literally just blew me away (It was The Killers by the way, and it was AWESOME). Again, you listen to them on repeat for the next 10 years, and that post-concert high doesn’t really seem to go away.

However, from the first concert to your favorite, and all of the others in between, you feel a little more inspired each time. I believe that there is something about hearing live music, that can change a person.

Seeing them, the artists right there before you, is just astonishing. I know when I saw One Direction I sat there and bawled my eyes out and I turned to my dad (also major props to him for driving me to Milwaukee just to see some boy band he had no clue about, and to listen to screaming girls for two hours) when the boys all came out on stage and I said, “I have loved them for so long and there they are! Like…that’s them!” And I have said the same thing to myself at every concert I have gone to. Star struck, I know.

What is most astonishing about concerts is obviously the music. But hearing it live, rather than on your phone, or the radio is just 1000x better. Hearing them all sing their hearts out, and give it their absolute best, and the look on their faces when they see you cheer for them. Hearing your favorite song live is literally a life-changing experience. It’s like that song never sounds the same again.

After each concert, your eyes are opened a little wider on how real, moving and amazing music can really be.