You Know Smoking Is Bad for Your Health,

But How Can You Quit?

1255

It has long been known that smoking is bad for your health. With the risk of COPD and even cancer, it is important to stop smoking no matter how long you’ve been doing it. It can be hard to quit a habit such as smoking, but with these four tricks, you might just find it easier. Here is what you can quit.

Nicotine Replacement

Nicotine replacement has been around for a really long time and it has helped countless people stop smoking. By not getting your nicotine through a cigarette, you learn to live without the “oral fixation” of a cigarette. Plus, nicotine replacement through patches or the gum, allow you to slowly lower the level of nicotine in your system. By slowly lowering the strength of the patch, or by chewing fewer pieces of gum, you can avoid the typical withdrawal symptoms that people who stop smoking cold turkey experience.

Smoking Cessation Medication

There are medications such a Zyban and Chantix that help people quit smoking. Most of these medications reduce your urge to smoke, which helps break the habit. Chantix works by giving the body the same rush, just not as much, so eventually you don’t need the cigarettes and you won’t need the Chantix anymore either. Many people wonder how Chantix works, and it is a process based in the biology of the brain, tricking it into not needed cigarettes anymore.

Behavioral Therapy

Behavioral therapy mostly consists of talking to a counselor about the cigarette addiction and ways you can get past it when trying to quit smoking. An addiction counselor is the best type to see, as they will have more tools in their bag of tricks to help you. They might be used to helping people with stronger and more damaging additions, but they are also the best to help you quit smoking. Call around to find one, and remember that if the counselor doesn’t fit you, you can always find another so it is more beneficial to you.

Vaping

Whether you have an APV (advanced personal vaporizer) or a more expensive mod, vaping allows you to continue, at least in some respects, the smoking habit. However, the myth that it is the same has smoking has been disproved. It can aid you in quitting the cigarette habit plus you have a myriad of flavors to choose from and a bigger vape cloud so you can enjoy learning tricks, keeping your mind busy and off of smoking cigarettes. Vaping gives you little to no nicotine depending on the E-liquid you choose, which makes it easier to quit smoking cigarettes. To get started with this, all you need is a vape kit and an e-liquid that has less nicotine than you’ve been using. You can decrease your nicotine content little by little until you are completely off of it and have conquered your addiction.

What has been found as the most successful way to quit smoking is a combination of two or more avenues. If you decide to turn to vaping, you might also want to see a behavioral specialist. Having the support of a therapist while also vaping to have the sensation of smoking can increase your chances of success.