How can you legally buy cannabis in Europe?
Travel

Cannabis, one of the most relaxing drugs is consumed all around the world. It is projected that more than thirty million individuals are addicted to it in Europe.

27

Cannabis, one of the most relaxing drugs is consumed all around the world. It is projected that more than thirty million individuals are addicted to it in Europe. Even though the production of cannabis (female plant) is outrageous in Europe, there is still a legislation bill that is passed against it.

According to the rule in Europe, cannabis cannot be consumed for entertainment purposes. To curtail the use, it is totally banned. Interestingly, the prohibition is not from 2019 but since many years. Therefore, Europeans aren't allowed to take any form of cannabis for fun.

Since there has been an utmost craze in the world of drugs, many European nations have implemented legislative alternations. For that, they had to understand the meaning of cannabis (also known as CBD), the importance of cannabis flowers, and verdict by the European courts on the supply of CBD as a medicine.

What is Cannabis?

As mentioned above, it is a type of drug that originates from Indian hemp. THC which is also known as delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol is the leading chemical of cannabis. This drug has many uses. At times it is used as a tranquilizer where the user doesn't feel depressed as such. However, it makes the person feel slow because of the nervous system and the brain starts to get affected. Hallucinations come as the side-effects of cannabis.

When people ask why European countries stopped the usage of cannabis by law, we always direct them to the side-effects that are brought in because of the usage of this drug.

Grey Areas of CBD or Cannabis Flowers:

In the start when online and retail shops started to sell cannabis, it became a big source of enjoyment and entertainment. Later, when the use of cannabis was prohibited, people started consuming cannabis flowers which are not banned by the law. It is because ESFA didn't say much about the use of CBD flowers. What happened in this situation is pretty interesting. A rapid increase in the percentage of users (of CBD flowers) is noticed after ESFA's guidance.

Unfortunately, these CBD flowers are considered illegal to consume in many parts of European countries. It is quite devastating for the users because they at times fail to understand the places where CBD flowers are legal or illegal.

The reality of CBD Flowers:

Well, health wise it is not a good choice to go for. Reason being, if CBD flowers have more than 0.2 percent of THC then it is actually very harmful to the health. Funny is the situation when we say or hear that cannabis flowers are legal to be sold only if they have THC less than 0.2 percent. It is a very shaky statement for the law-making authorities and baffles a user in many ways.

Even though CBD flowers are legalized and are taken as a lawful course of a selling point, many European reports and authorities reveal that law regulating forces investigated all those companies which produce and sell CBD flowers. They were brought to court and they had to serve the penalty. This was actually pretty frustrating for the sellers and buyers.

The point when you being the user or seller of CBD flower is charged for no good reason is not just disgusting but very unethical (from the lawyer's perspective).

Note: ESFA stands for "Education and Skills Funding Agency" which is operated under the government of UK (Britain).

The verdict by the Courts to Use CBD for Medical Purposes:

Unfortunately, the EU (European Union) never supported the use of CBD for entertainment or medical purposes. They have this habit of changing stances within a short period of time. It clearly denotes that there is a huge gap between laws that are made and the changes the EU wants to bring in the European nations.

Legal situation of CBD in the Europe in 2019 is still confusing. It is as to the situation of CBD use. Is it legal or illegal? Can they consume it or not? Will they be penalized for the use or not? And certain other questions are always there in the minds of Europeans.

Never the less, it is always about the play the EU wants to focus on. That is based on the authority and power which it never wants to miss. All we can do is to keep ourselves away from CBD to live peacefully.