How Is Everything?

How Are You?: One Of The Most Important Questions To Ask

Is everything okay?

merew14
merew14
2

"How are you?" "What's going on?" Those are both two very simple questions, but yet they hold so much meaning and can impact someone forever.

Although they are very simple and easy questions to ask, we don't ask them enough. Why is that? Maybe it's because we don't want to invade their personal space or we don't know if we can handle what they may tell us. So we let them go, continue doing what they're doing, and assume they're okay.

As someone who has been the one who was asked a form of these questions in one of my darkest moments, I needed nothing more than to be asked. Being asked that question gave me someone to open up to and someone to express what I was and had been dealing with that very few people knew about. I was depressed, stressed, confused, lost, hurting, lonely and just needed someone.

Regardless of any reasons why not to ask, there are so many more important reasons why you should ask. Whether it's because you don't want to get involved, don't want to invade their personal space, don't agree with certain things they do or decisions they make, don't want to hurt their feelings, don't think they will respond, or anything else, they need that so much more than you realize.

When no one asks it makes you feel like no one cares; there is nothing lonelier than feeling like no one cares when you are in a dark place. If I would not have been asked, who knows what would have happened or how much darker that dark place would've gotten.

I thank the Lord all the time that that person asked because, at the time, no one else was. Never fail to ask because it is so much more than a question.