Why Horoscopes And Other Mystical Things Are Cool

I don't want to live a life held down by logic.
60

If there's one thing to know about me, it's my belief in almost anything. I believe it in all. I'm an avid follower of astrology. Tell me your birthday, and I can tell you your sign and even rattle off some facts about it. (I haven't gotten good enough to guess people's signs, but I'm working on it).

I believe in fate and being at the right-place-right-time. I argue with my brother at least once a month on whether soulmates are real or not (they are). I ask for "signs" from the universe when I'm confused or lost about certain things. I believe in mermaids and the Loch Ness monster (the ocean is 99% undiscovered, how can we disprove them?). I believe in good luck and bad luck, in karma, and everything happening for a reason.

I've held seances and made Ouija board's out of cardboard and a quarter. I keep a dream journal to figure out their meanings, and I think sometimes dreams can predict the future. I believe in an afterlife, and people from there reaching out to people over here. I believe in God and Saint's and guardian angels. I believe in intuition and imagination and that anything that hasn't been 100% disproved is completely plausible.

Some people probably think I'm crazy, or naive, or trying to ignore the fact that life is meaningless and one day we'll all be gone and forgotten. Some people try to rattle off facts to disprove me or tell me I'm delusional because there's not proof of any of these things being real, and honestly, those people bore me. They think they sound smart, but, to me, they just sound like they're too vapid to explore other than what they've been told. I would rather be curious and imaginative than "smart" and wedded to facts.

I also don't really see the point in not believing in mystical things. So maybe life is meaningless and there is nothing more to it, but then I would rather live a fun life full of horoscopes and ghost hunting than a dull life, full of nihilist dread of our death-yet-to-come. The fact is that my beliefs do give me a certain comfort, and I'm not sorry about that. I don't feel bad that I think hearing my favorite song on the radio means I'm going to have a good day, and I don't feel bad that I flip pennies heads up so the next person to find it will have a little good luck.

I don't think there's anything wrong in believing there's more to life than what we are seeing right on the surfaces, and I will never apologize for it.

I believe in a world beyond our own, and I like feeling like there are deeper things going on than what we see around us. There are millions of other universes besides our own, billions and billions of other worlds and dimensions besides our own, and I find it hard to believe there isn't meaning to it. I believe in things we can't see or prove, and I will never abandon my faith in the mystical. I'm not afraid I don't sound "smart" or "intellectual"; in my opinion, the brightest minds are the ones who believe anything is possible.