The World Just Isn't Safe Anymore
Politics

The World Just Isn't Safe Anymore

But I hope for a better world.

514
The World Just Isn't Safe Anymore
Unsplash

The world just isn't safe anymore.

It's a shame that we have to fear our lives when we go anywhere anymore. Whether it's a concert or traveling to another country or just walking through a nice, friendly populated area, we always have to keep our guard up. With the events that happened on May 22, 2017, at Ariana Grande's concert in Manchester, it really got me thinking about how no one can just enjoy anything anymore. Now I'm not saying to go and live your life in fear, but always be cautious and be aware of your surroundings. In today's world, you just never know.

There are some people that when things like this happen they just say, "It happens all of the time." These types of incidences are so common that it's never that much of a shock anymore. They are sad and horrific events, but they aren't as much of a shock as they used to be. And that is a major problem.

Concerts are meant for having a good time. They're meant for singing, dancing, holding up signs, and yelling with joy when the artist comes out onto the stage for the first time that night. Parades are meant for happiness and time with loved ones. Marathons are meant for good causes and are a fun, active way to spend time with friends and family.

What these events are not meant for are being bombed and run over with vehicles. There have been so many terror attacks just within the past couple of years alone and it's ridiculous and scary. Why can't people just go out and enjoy things anymore? Without having to fear a bomb going off or someone shooting at them? It's not just in other countries either. Just last summer, The Voice winner and singer, Christina Grimmie, was shot at a meet and greet. Around that time as well, the club, Pulse in Orlando was shot up and around 50 people or so died. Innocent lives are being taken left and right. Lives that were meant for great and big futures. Lives that were going to change the world in some way and now will never be able to. Why does it have to be this way?

I hope that someday we're all able to get along and not have to worry about such things anymore. I hope that someday all of these acts of terror will be put to an end and will never happen again. I know that is very wishful thinking and there will always be bad in this world, but I just hope that it won't always be this extreme.

Enough is enough. It's time for people to be able to go to fun events without having to fear their lives. Whether it be a concert, a movie, a parade, or just out and about in everyday life, we all need to be able to live in peace.