NYE in Your Hometown

Hometown New Year's Eve Celebrations Aren't So Bad

Being home for NYE isn't the worst thing in the world.

53

Being home from college during winter break is great for Christmas, but when New Years approaches we all begin to wish we were back in our college towns. Could you even begin to imagine the New Years celebration with all of your school friends? That would be one insane experience. While thinking of how great NYE would be back at school, I can't help but think spending New Years at home is all that bad.

Before we went off to college, the celebrations in our hometowns for New Years were some of the best parties of the year. We got to hang out with all of our high school friends and do things we'd talk about when we'd return to school in the next couple days. Now, it's a chance to reunite with our high school pals in a more adult manner. We can catch each other up on all of the things we'd missed out on over the past couple of months over a nice bottle of vodka or tequila. When the certain people show up to the party that you wished you would never see again after graduation, that's also the best time to grab another bottle of something strong.

These people have been your friends for the past 12+ years, so why not make time for them when you're all home for break? Everyone has their fair share of responsibilities to do which makes New Years the perfect time to come together. This is when all of the "let's hang out while we're in town" messages actually get to come true. It's about to be a new year, so start it off by being on good terms with these people who molded you into who you are today. Just because everyone has went their separate ways doesn't mean everyone has to live a separate life. So grab a bottle and go ring in the new year with all your old friends and maybe even an ex-boyfriend or two.