So, you just bought a new home. Congratulations! It's not perfect, but it's yours. Some of those imperfections may give your home character, but others may give you headaches.

Here's the good news: You don't have to hire a contractor to fix every little problem.

Use these home hacks to get rid of those imperfections that are making your head pound.

1. Use an iron to fix warped and dented floors.

Irons are great for getting wrinkles out of clothes, but they're also great for fixing your floors.

If your tile is warped or peeling, use a hot iron to set them straight. Just cover the tiles with aluminum foil and press a hot iron over the foil to soften the flooring. Next, pull up the warped section of the floor and get rid of the dried adhesive. Add new glue, press with a heavy object and your floor will be as good as new.

You can also use your iron to get rid of dents in wood flooring and furniture. Simply wet the indentation, place a damp towel over it and press a hot clothes iron over the towel. Move in circular motions for a few minutes, and you're set.

2. Use a pencil to open a stuck lock.

Few things are more frustrating than stuck lock — especially if it's your new front door. If you have a really bad jam, you may have to call a locksmith. But if you have a pencil on hand, you can probably tackle this chore on your own.

The graphite in the pencil point will lubricate the lock and make it easy to unlock with your key.

3. Use baking soda and vinegar to clear clogs.

Every homeowner will deal with drain clogs at least once. Most of us deal with clogs at least once a year.

Instead of using a liquid drain cleaner, which can harm your pipes, use baking soda, vinegar and boiling water. The baking soda will react with the vinegar to create a bubbling effect that helps break down clogs.

• Start by flushing a pot of boiling water down the drain.
  • Next, dump about 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
  • Pour 1 cup of vinegar down the drain slowly. Don't allow the mixture to come up above the drain.
  • Cover with a drain plug (optional) and allow to sit for one hour.
  • Flush the drain one more time with a pot of boiling water.

This fix is great for maintenance clean-outs, but if you have a serious drain clog, you may need to call in a professional. Hydro jetting is the most effective way to remove serious build-up and debris, according to The Pipe Medic.

4. Use ice cubes to remove carpet dents.

Heavy furniture can leave unsightly dents in your carpet that never seem to disappear. If you plan on changing the layout of your furniture, this trick will come in handy to remove those dents in less than a day.

You'll need something unusual for this one: ice cubes.

Place ice cubes over the divots and let them melt for several hours. After they've melted, blot the water with a sponge and fluff the fibers with a spoon.