3 Quirky Ways To Give Your Home A New Look For Autumn

What better time than the present to consider updating your home for the new season?

148

As another summer draws to a close, what better time than the present to consider updating your home for the new season?

Summer styles are all about keeping the space light, cool and airy — think big windows, sleek, ultra-modern designs and plenty of minimalist influences. And while that's all well and good for the warmest months of the year, when you start to feel a chill in the air once again, it's time to bed down and get your home ready to face the onslaught of winter.

As a shoulder season, autumn is the perfect time to embrace the unique qualities of the season. And what better way to do so than through the look and feel of your home?

Here are three ways you can give your home a new look for autumn before summer comes to an end!

1. Seasonal colors

Summer shades are characterized by bright whites and bold block colors, but when autumn rolls around, the last thing you will want is to be struggling to shake off the remnants of summer. Autumnal colors are much softer, with more natural and earthy tones. Take inspiration from the natural world around you and think warm browns, burnt orange, deep greens and gorgeous bronze accents.

Highlight your home in as much or as little of the season's best as you choose. Whether it's the entire sofa or just a carefully positioned cushion or throw, autumnal colors will automatically make your living space seem much cozier and more appealing when the seasons start to change.

2. Artificial grass

When the weather gets colder and rain is almost a daily occurrence, chances are that you won't want to spend much time outside enjoying your garden. Your garden furniture and ornaments will go into storage, most of your plants (except only the most hard-wearing) will begin to shut down for the winter and your once-lively garden will begin to take on an almost desolate air.

However, this doesn't mean that you have to say goodbye to the joys of nature until spring. If you choose to invest in artificial grass, your home will enjoy lush, green grass all year round — whatever the season and whatever the weather.

Although, as the name suggests, artificial grass is most commonly used as an all-weather alternative to natural lawns, it is an incredibly versatile material that can be used indoors as well!

3. Warm and Cozy

When autumn fully arrives, many of us feel more tired than usual and wish we could hibernate like many of the creatures out in the wild. While hibernation is sadly not an option, there's no reason we can't make our living spaces as comfortable and welcoming as possible.

After all, is there any better feeling than being all warm and snuggled up, with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book, listening to the rain fall outside your window?

Whether it's your bedroom or living room, both of these rooms can be transformed to create the perfect autumnal hideaway. Remember, comfort is key here, so you can never overdo the cushions, throws, rugs and pillows.

To create a gorgeous, cozy feel, opt for bold prints or charmingly mismatched colors. While it may seem a little chaotic at first, it won't be long before you can't wait to get home and get snuggled up!

Although we are still enjoying the last of summer's heat, it won't be long before the warm weather and bright sunlight are little more than distant memories. Don't leave it all to the last minute. This year, make sure that you are prepared and start planning your home's new look for the new season now!