Home For The Holidays
Education

Home For The Holidays

Sometimes, you don't realize the luxury of things until they're not there.

191
Home For The Holidays

For all of my life, I have lived in the same suburban town. The only change I experienced was moving into a slightly bigger house in a different subdivision. By the time I was 18, I was ready to move out of my house and experience a change of environment. I have loved my move to Athens and UGA, but here are a few things that I didn't realize how much I would miss that I have loved being able to have again during my holiday break.

1.) A HOME COOKED MEAL

Although I'm always down for O-House Mexican food, I missed being able to walk into the kitchen and smell my mom's white chicken chili, or all of the other delicious meals she makes.

2.) MY OWN ROOM

Having a roommate isn't terrible; it gives me someone I can vent my problems to. But having my own space is nice to experience again.

3.) MY OWN BATHROOM

With my room being at the very end of the hall, community bathrooms are something I was glad to not have to deal with for a month. Being able to shower without shower shoes and not have to walk down the hall to go to the bathroom is definitely a luxury I didn't know I had until it was gone.

4.) MY OWN WASHER AND DRYER

Oh dorm life, what a wondrous thing. Doing laundry without worrying about socks being stolen or my load being taken out before it's done is a concept I almost forgot about.

5.) MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY (AND MY DOG OF COURSE)

This was the best part about being home from break. From baking cookies in the kitchen with my mom, to meeting up with my friends to go bowling, being able to see them everyday was something I took for granted. I love all of the new friends I have made in Athens, but I'm also glad I got to see my old friends as well.

Being home for a month has been great, but I am ready to head back to the Classic City for another great semester with my friends!