Home. It's that place you ached for your first month of college and the same place that awaits your arrival when college no longer commands your presence. It's the one place where you've (seemingly) always appreciated the lack of change. The comfort of monotony. The feeling of familiarity. That is, until all of that fades away. It's hard to pin point the exact moment when that happens. This is most likely due to the fact that the feeling when home no longer feels like home descends gradually; Creeping little by little until you wake up one day and realize you are a stranger in your own bed.

And to that feeling I say this: It is okay to outgrow a place. To outgrow people. While the initial sting may discourage your heart, remember what that feeling actually means. The feeling of not being known by those around you is simply a representation of your growth. Under the forced conditions of a hometown, making the best out of what was there, you were a completely different person. Going off to college and being stripped of the safety net that is made up of your high school friends, parents, and hometown left you with the opportunity to grow. It wasn't a opportunity; it was THE opportunity. A fresh start and invaluable time to explore your own interests and develop into who you were created to be.

You are valuable. What you care about matters. And even if it seems like there aren't enough people who understand that, take peace in the fact that all around the world there are people waiting to meet someone just like you. Don't pretend to love what the crowd does. I'll let you in on a secret, most of them probably don't "love" it either. Moral of the story. Growth is something to be celebrated. Never forget where you came from, but don't carry guilt about branching out either. Put your work boots on and step into that. The world is waiting on you.